6797 Winchester Circle
What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself. Remember the way your heart exploded when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we help women living in extreme poverty feel that feeling by turning their spark into a fire of purpose. Now we’re sharing our poverty-eradication, entrepreneurial training with other non-profits around the globe, so that they can deliver that same training to the people whom they serve who are ready to lift themselves and their families out of poverty for good. And it all starts with a spark. Our program is currently in the process of a global expansion with a goal of reaching 1 million women by 2027.
Who you are:
Do you see problems as challenges and enjoy being resourceful in solving them? Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? If you have great communications skills of every type (and aren’t afraid to use them), if you have a great sense of humor and a mature work style, and if you want to change the world then SBS is looking for you. As our Marketing and Communications Manager you will put all of your creative, branding, and digital passion to good use by leading our brand strategy, creating campaigns, and being the catalyst for recruiting nonprofits to be the next Global Catalyst Partners (GCPs) to implement our Immersion Workshops all around the world
What we’ll do for you:
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting the world
- You’ll have cool and meaningful work that will advance your skills
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School your work will directly enable 1 million women to lift their families out of poverty
- You’ll report to the CEO and work closely with other members of the team.
- You will have some flexibility to work remotely on occasion
- You may even get a chance to go to Uganda to see our programs in action
- You’ll have full coverage benefits including health, dental, vision and life
- You’ll have great time off benefits, including a paid, organization-wide closure over the holidays
- You’ll receive an employer match when you contribute to the company sponsored Simple IRA
What you’ll do for us:
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a critical role in our organization because s/he will be the spark for developing and implementing an integrated strategic communications plan and tactics to advance the SBS brand identity, increase revenue from both sales and philanthropy activities, and increase visibility all around the cosmos.
Drive GCP Applications
- Create multiple strategies in many channels to promote the Street Business School Immersion Workshops to qualified candidate organizations throughout Africa and globally
- Create outreach strategies and campaigns through events, conferences, digital presence, and leveraging donor-funded scholarships to bring in 15 – 20 organizations to attend IW per year
- Build upon audience of 20k+ social media followers to recruit qualified applications who have the ability to pay for the training
- Collaborate with the entire team to leverage cross-department opportunities that hit multiple goals (driving applications, thought leadership, visibility, fundraising)
Collateral and Campaigns for SBS Teams:
- Work closely with the Philanthropy team to support key fundraising activities with a goal of raising about $300k annually.
- Support planned activities like the annual campaign, fiscal year end push, weekly social media posts, creating and disseminating a quarterly Impact Report etc.
- Come up with new campaigns, messages and strategies to drive revenue, including deploying innovative social media ideas (Facebook parties), and communications campaigns (women’s day) etc.
- Provide Marketing and Communications support including marketing calendar, messaging social media presence, monthly communications campaigns, newsletter, etc. to raise the organizations visibility.
- Respond to social media inquiries as well as like, share, and forward social details to appropriate team members
Develop advocacy toolkits for volunteers and Board
Source a celebrity ambassador for SBS programs
Overall Brand Presence:
- Develop brand strategy and convey brand standards
- Create content and collateral to ensure a cohesive look and feel in messaging
- Oversee website presence and ensure compliance
- Manage/oversee CPC ads, Google Analytics and Ad Words, and SEO efforts
- Create social media content that is time sensitive and planned
- Manage paid social media, including hyper-targeted posting, reviewing performance and retargeting as needed
- Oversee photography and video production, including managing, selecting and editing photos for posting
- Ensure SBS presence and branding at conferences and events
- Coordinate with the BeadforLife Executive Director to source content coming from the team in Uganda
- Manage Marketing and Communications budget
- Manage vendors
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with CEO and team
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to do this job:
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience in professional marketing and communications for at least five years, with growing level · of responsibility and tangible positive results
- Demonstrated competence in social media including Facebook, Linked In, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, blogging and other cutting edge social media. Understanding of strategic use and best practices of social media
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to engage varying audiences with high volumes in social media
- Unstoppable passion for staying current on new trends in communications and media
- Crazy excellent planning, strategy, design and writing skills with extensive experience creating content in a variety of formats for multiple audiences
- Exceptional presentation skills to serve as spokesperson for the organization
- Demonstrated network of relationships with media contacts in television, print and online networks
- PR experience on a national level is a plus
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines (without your supervisor micromanaging you) as well as the ability to prioritize and continuously communicate priorities to stakeholders from a variety of departments
- Knowledge of and strategic use of design, video, photography, music, story-telling
- Practical technology skills to include Wordpress, SalesForce, Outlook, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Background in marketing for donations is helpful
- Background in nonprofit or women’s empowerment program is helpful
- A personal interest and commitment to SBS’ mission.
This is a full-time position with a beginning salary range of $50-55k annually depending on experience. Benefits are great including health care, dental and vision benefits, participation in a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, including an organization-wide holiday closure.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please shoot us an email letting us know how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your resume and portfolio of work (to show us how we’d be crazy not to talk to you) to jobs@BeadforLife.org with “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.