The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Michigan and Great Lakes Science Technician works closely with other staff to research, gather, and analyze data in support of Michigan and Great Lakes strategies including Soil Health and Nutrients, Protection of Land and Water, Sustainable Fisheries, and others.
The Technician supports multiple projects managed by Michigan Field Office staff and spanning the breadth of Michigan and adjacent Great Lakes. Primary functions include:
• Assisting with field surveys of fish populations and coastal wetlands in the Great Lakes, inland lakes, and rivers;
• Assisting with aquatic invasive species research in the Great Lakes and inland lakes;
• Analyzing data on groundcover plants, birds and wetland and crop soils;
• Assisting with cost-benefit analysis;
• Developing graphs and charts in support of technical reports.
· Bachelor’s Degree in science related field and 1-year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with data entry, quality assessment, analysis, and graphing, including with multi-variate data.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47715 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST June 30, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest…