53 Marlborough St.
Executive Director and CFO
A detail-oriented person for bookkeeping and entry-level accounting activities.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous bookkeeping experience necessary, preferably in a non-profit institution
- College degree in accounting (preferred)
- Well-organized, detail-oriented person
- Technologically savvy, able to use latest accounting tools available
- Complete fluency in French and English preferred
- Performs all bookkeeping functions up through distribution of monthly budget versus actual reports.
- Reconciles daily money log of money received at reception.
- Enters cash and checks received and credit card sales into the appropriate cash accounts in the accounting system.
- Deposits receipts at the bank.
- Enters bills received and check requests into accounts payable in the accounting system.
- Selects bills for payment based upon due date, prints checks to pay those bills, provides printed checks to the Executive Director and/or authorized signer, then mails the payments.
- Assembles information for each bi-monthly payroll based upon hours worked, unpaid absences, prepayments, etc.; reports the information to the FCC’s outside payroll service and assures that the checks issued correspond with the desired pay.
- Maintains the petty cash fund, including providing funds for ticket sales at events and reconciliation after the event.
- Maintains the employee receivable accounts in the accounting system and provides monthly statements to employees.
- Reconciles monthly bank, investment and credit card statements and makes appropriate journal entries.
- Processes returned checks and adjustments.
- Files all accounting records, including money logs, invoices, check requests, purchase orders, etc.
- Administers the FCC health plan and employee salary reduction retirement savings plan.
- Prepares and distributes monthly budget versus actual reports as directed by the Executive Director.
- Works closely with Executive Director, CFO and FCC staff in preparation of the annual FCC budget.
- Prepares schedules for the annual audit, and works closely supporting the independent auditors during the annual audit and preparation of tax reports.
- Provides information as requested from time-to-time by the Executive Director and CFO.
$25/hr - Maximum 24 hours/week
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Fluency in French preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application at: