District of Columbia
The United State of Women is dedicated to connecting, convening and amplifying voices in the movement for full gender equality. Our strength is in our power as a convener. We connect women and allies all across the country and amplify the most pressing issues of gender equality.
The United State of Women is housed at Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
About the Position
As the megaphone for important issues, the United State of Women seeks to harness the most innovative communication methods. The team is seeking a person to manage a robust digital program as well as lead on the strategy and execution of digital and creative projects via the Creative Alliance. The Creative Alliance is a network of media companies, digital platforms, creative agencies, production companies and other innovative entities that have pledged pro-bono capacity to helping Civic Nation initiatives. Responsibilities for this position include managing a Digital Ambassador program that will recruit budding content creators to give them the tools to make content to drive action, managing partnerships with large media platforms and creative agencies, and managing the online fundraising and advocacy efforts.
The position will report to the United State of Women Managing Director.
- Plan, implement and manage digital and creative strategies.
- Develop the editorial calendar from planning to execution stages.
- Implement a robust social media strategy that emphasizes organic list growth.
- Coordinate the email program (both advocacy and fundraising) from strategic planning to developing content to segmentation/testing, etc.
- Manage partnerships with Creative Alliance members in execution of digital and creative projects that further the United State of Women mission and achieve KPIs.
- Oversee the United State of Women Digital Ambassador program.
- Project manage content and development of the website.
- At least 4 years of digital strategy and community management.
- Experience running high profile social media accounts and a knack for turning followers into action takers.
- Experience running an advocacy and fundraising email program and proficiency in CRM platforms such as Blue State State.
- Experience with website content management and a familiarity with CMS platforms like Wordpress, experience project managing web development a plus.
- Strong project management experience, vendor management a plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills, attention to detail a must.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and innovative work ethic.
- Belief that culture change is necessary to build movements and create long term change.
- Belief that digital organizing is an important part of supporting on the ground organizing efforts.
- Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment with start-up hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: United State of Women Digital and Creative Director. The position is based in Washington, DC and will require 10% of time traveling.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.