1 Front Street
Under the supervision of Research and Data Manager, the Research Associate (RA) will work full-time between October 2018-May 2019 to assist in the collection, analysis and communication of data related to the Foundation’s strategy.
The primary work will focus on supporting the Foundation’s community foundation grantees to improve their programs by analyzing their data on the progress of students who receive scholarships. This is part of a Foundation initiative to support grantees working with low-income, underrepresented students with supports and scholarships, and the RA will provide support to grantees to ensure they successfully submit their data.
Additional ad-hoc data analysis may be requested, as well. This is a temporary, full-time position with the possibility of an extension of the contract.
Support to Grantees with Data Submission
· Oversee data submission process and provide support to grantees in using the data submission platform. This includes providing trainings to grantees on the data platform and technical support as needed throughout the collection process.
Research, Data Analysis and Visualization
· Oversee the collection and analysis of student level data for scholarship students served by community foundations across California
· Strong analytic skills with high proficiency in using spreadsheet applications for data collection, cleaning, and analysis
· Develop visualizations, written materials, slides, and templates that organize and present data in compelling formats for grantees, staff, management, Board
· With oversight from the Research and Data Manager, develop and manage related internal business processes for data collection, data base management, analysis, quality control, and tool development.
· Implement plans and processes and develop training and resources for foundation grantees to submit and analyze data using the Foundation’s data system.
· Document and share these analytic processes in accessible and easy-to-understand presentations with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a non-exempt, temporary (October 2018-May 2019), full-time (37.5 hours/week) position and at an hourly rate of $23-27.00, depending on experience; and a possibility of an extension of the contract.
Level of Language Proficiency
Qualifications and Competencies
· Ability to communicate information to a variety of audiences and perspectives
· A high degree of initiative, judgment and resourcefulness in solving problems, and overall, a results-orientation.
· Service-minded and open to new ideas and constructive feedback from colleagues.
· Strong analytic skills with high proficiency in using spreadsheet applications for data collection, cleaning, and analysis.
· Basic data visualization skills including creating bar charts, scatter plots, etc.
· Must be detail-oriented, able to scrutinize large amounts of data for an extended period.
· Excellent time management, task prioritizing, project tracking skills, and attention to detail.
· Must be able to develop, document, and follow procedures and maintain accurate records.
Additional Desired Qualifications
· Experience or personal commitment to promoting college going and success for low-income and under-represented students
· Ability to contribute to a collegial, respectful, and supportive office environment
· Familiarity with either SQL databases and/or statistical analysis (R, STATA, etc.) a plus
Minimum Education Required