45 Wadsworth Avenue
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979 that has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 100 staff serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs, and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their crises resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self-sufficiency.
- Our Legal Services, Social Services, and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including housing, income, nutrition and health.
- Our Community Organizing program empowers groups of residents to collectively secure longer term and larger scale improvements to their own basic needs.
- Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
Job Title: Messenger/Clerical Assistant
Department: Legal Services
Reports To: Coordinating Paralegal
Location: Main Office: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, NY, NY 10033
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Messenger/Clerical Assistant provides courier and mail management services to all agency staff and reception and administration/support services primarily to NMIC’s Legal Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Courier services
- Pick-up and deliver packages and documents, including court documents.
- Run other business-related errands as needed.
- Mail Management
- Collect, sort, and distribute agency mail
- Prepare outgoing mail by adding postage, deliver it to USPS, and distribute proof of mailing documentation as necessary.
- Direct client traffic on site.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate party.
- File documents and provide data entry services.
- Monitor and replenish supplies and place refill orders with the office coordinator as needed.
- Ensure printers and copiers are stocked and working.
- Provide translation (English/Spanish) services when language is a barrier.
- Additional related responsibilities may be assigned
- At least one year of administrative/secretarial experience, preferably in a nonprofit or community-based organization.
- Associate degree in liberal arts, business management or other related field preferred.
- Demonstrated PC literacy and proficiency, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database (Microsoft Office - MS Word, MS Excel and Access).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in Spanish/English oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and to interact with management and program staff.
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid time off including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish/English oral and written communication.
Minimum Education Required