1225 I Street NW Suite 1000
District of Columbia
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, education, national security, the economy, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The digital media coordinator helps develop strategy and oversees execution for BPC’s social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. This position plans and produces creative multimedia content and campaigns in collaboration with various BPC teams. This position reports to the senior manager of content and branding.
The digital media coordinator is the lead curator of BPC’s social media channels, responsible for devising and executing creative and timely social media strategies across various platforms. The coordinator produces a variety of content, optimized for social media, including graphics, videos, podcasts, and engaging website pages for both organic and paid social media campaigns. Candidates must have a strong editorial eye, be detail-oriented, and demonstrate knowledge of online media trends.
The communications team values creative individuals who proactively track social media conversations and take initiative to insert BPC’s work and experts where relevant. Ideal candidates should have strong facilitation and communication skills, experience running integrated social media campaigns, and a passion for seeking innovative ways to engage audiences with BPC content.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
· Strategize and execute a dynamic content strategy and publishing schedule for BPC’s core social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. This includes producing in-house graphics and video content for distribution on social channels on a daily basis.
· Conceptualize and execute paid social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter and identify goals and metrics in collaboration with BPC’s policy, communications, development, and advocacy teams to measure success of those campaigns.
· Gather data and analytics and conduct analysis regarding BPC’s social media audiences, engagement and reach growth, and paid return on investment and regularly update the Communications and projects teams on those elements.
· Manage real-time social engagement during public forums and special events, including live-tweeting, and work with the events team and BPC partners to explore opportunities for online collaboration.
· Lead the development, editing, publishing, and reporting of various project specific multimedia products, including podcasts and videos.
· Assist with website maintenance, including daily posting of news articles, blog posts, and press releases.
· Draft and send BPC’s monthly general and development newsletters using Microsoft CRM, Click Dimensions.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or similar
- 2-4 years of experience in digital communications with a focus on social media
- Deep familiarity with social media management tools including Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords.
- Experience with graphic design, video, and audio editing software, such as Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Garageband, and Canva.
- Experience with in-house video production including a basic understanding of camera operations, lighting, and sound.
- Proficiency with content management systems, with a focus on WordPress. Experience with HTML and CSS, a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM marketing automation software or other email marketing platforms (Salesforce, Mailchimp, Constant Contact), a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, and proven ability to meet deadlines within tight timeframes.
- Interest in public policy and current events.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Digital Media Coordinator in the subject line of your email.