Details: 100% FTE. Annual gross pay is $58-60K, depending on experience.
436 14th Street
About Movement Strategy Center (MSC)
Movement Strategy Center understands that transformative movements change the way we think, our structures and systems, the way we live, and even who we are. In this moment of extraordinary challenge, our world needs people and movements who are ready to stretch the boundaries of what anyone has imagined we can do. MSC works with individuals, teams, networks, and alliances, in partnership with a broader Transitions Community, to deepen and accelerate the transition from a world of domination and extraction to a world of resilience, regeneration, and interdependence.
Personnel & Compliance Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource and compliance operations. This role will support the activities of the HR Generalist and HR Benefit Specialist. The HR & Compliance Assistant will work as part of the Personnel & Compliance team, and will report to Personnel & Compliance Director.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed: Place job postings to recruitment sites, monitor email@example.com email box, receive and organize applications for review by managers, coordinate interviews.
- Performs confidential personnel File maintenance: filing paper files, as well as maintaining e-files.
- Coordinates regular agency communications through Paycom or google platform: payroll processing reminders, holiday notice, etc.
- Maintains employee directory.
- Assists in Paycom data entry.
- Assists in the management of temporary and seasonal weekly payroll process.
- Assists in the administration of benefits.
- Assists in the management & maintenance of state registrations: UI and withholding account setup & password management.
- Assist in the processing of IRS & state withholding and garnishment orders, audits, and employment verification requests for employees: Makes copies for file and mail originals to the respective agencies and employees.
- Responsible for reviewing firstname.lastname@example.org account, sorting and processing requests as appropriate. Escalates complicate/risky cases to the Director.
- Processes and tracks ordinary certificate of insurance (COI) and endorsement requests from the agency staff.
- Receives and tracks certificates of insurance and endorsements from vendors.
- Performs insurance file maintenance.
- Participates in developing team goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists the Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not supervise other employees.
Position Type/Expected hours of work
This is a 100% FTE non-exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
No significant travel expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MSC’s 100% FTE benefits package includes:
- 20 days vacation leave per year;
- 12 standard holidays and 2 personal days per year;
- 12 sick days per year;
- 1 week paid MSC family and medical leave after one year of service; an additional week of paid leave for each additional year of service, up to 4 weeks;
- Medical, vision, dental for employees and dependents (requires 30 day waiting period and a per paycheck employee contribution);
- 100% employer sponsored basic life, short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage;
- Access to a 403b retirement plan.
- Access to FSA and Commuter Benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus three years of office/clerical support experience;
- Previous HR experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease;
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to handle diverse challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook and be oriented towards excellence in service;
- Excellent computer skills: Adept in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Docusign and Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc., familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Online Payroll platforms;
- Computer skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, online payroll platform;
- Dedication to social justice;
- An orientation towards learning and development; willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Movement Strategy Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.