The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides high quality human resources support to an assigned business unit. The Sr. HRBP has extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Human Resources field. In partnership with the HR Department team members, the Sr. HRBP will contribute to the delivery of proactive HR solutions to meet the strategic business needs of JCCA.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively supports and directs the delivery of all HR initiatives and processes for the Westchester Campus
- Builds a strong business relationship with Campus Leadership Team and provides input on workforce management matters including staffing analysis, recruitment and selection process
- Handles complex employee relations/labor relations issues; actively participates in effective, thorough and objective investigations in conjunction with management
- Provides day-to-day support to line management (e.g. development and management of Performance Improvement Plans, hiring, promotion and transfer decisions)
- Participate in the development of recruitment/staffing strategy for filling of current and projected open vacancies; work with HR Generalist to create job postings and identify effective recruitment sources including social media platforms, recruitment databases, job fairs, etc.
- Oversee on-boarding activities, ensuring expedient and efficient processing of all Campus hires
- Supervise and provide direction to HR Assistants engaged in day-to-day HR support functions
- Ensure proper off-boarding procedures are followed for employee departures on Campus; make every effort to ensure all employees with voluntary resignations conduct Exit Interviews
- In partnership with HR Team, assists in identifying recurring workplace issues or concerns by collecting data as well as relying on personal observation in an effort to strategically recommend HR solutions
- Develop strong rapport with union representatives and attends Union/Management meetings
- Assists in other departmental and organizational projects as needed and as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required along with 3-5 years of broad, progressive HR experience; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Previous experience in a Union work environment is helpful
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication (written and verbal)
- Overall business acumen, ethical decision making and relationship management skills
- Experience working in a not-for-profit Agency strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain high-degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to respond quickly to frequent changes in priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop relationships with different types of stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of human resources laws and policies and the ability to interpret and apply HR policies and regulations while exercising sound judgment.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Business Objects, ADP (or other HR management system), and Taleo (or other ATS management system).
JCCA offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families. Our benefits coverage includes medical insurance, dental insurance, a prescription-drug plan, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, generous paid time-off, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings options.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org