Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, MTC seeks an experienced and knowledgeable Human Resources and Payroll Manager to become part of our HR and Business team.
For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll and related activities, for both union and non-union employees, and providing general processing support for the Human Resources and Business Departments.
Human Resources Functions
· Review resumes and conduct initial applicant screenings.
· Assist with the applicant screening and training activities for the MTC Internship Program.
· Insure new hire paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
· Maintain employee files.
· Update PTO usage.
· File Workers’ Compensation forms.
· Serve as a member of the MTC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
· Help with other aspects of Human Resources Administration as needed.
· Manage all details of processing weekly payroll, including payroll for various unions subject to union agreements and work rules, using ADP Workforce Now.
· Calculate and submit union benefit payments to associated agencies and organizations.
· Reconcile monthly payroll related general ledger accounts.
· Import weekly payroll journal entry from ADP into Accounting Software
· Reconcile 941 reports and prepare other information, schedules and reports as necessary for annual audit.
· Process Bank and General Ledger Account Reconciliations, Certificates of Insurance, Journal Entries and tasks as needed to support the Finance Office.
· Perform other tasks usual and necessary to keep the theater administration operating smoothly and efficiently.
· At least 5 years of experience in a Payroll and/or Human Resources capacity.
· Understanding of HR functions and administrative practices.
· Knowledge of payroll processing systems, preferably ADP WorkforceNow.
· Experience in administering, tracking and reporting union benefits.
· Working knowledge of accounting software.
· Basic bookkeeping skills.
· Excellent communication and people management skills.
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, MTC seeks an experienced and knowledgeable Human Resources and Payroll Manager to become part of our HR…
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K) and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependant care and commuting expenses.
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary…
Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: email@example.com with “HR & Payroll Manager” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR & Payroll Manager” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format…