Details: Competitive/Commensurate with experience
322 Eighth Avenue
Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN) supports two life-changing programs that empower students to achieve their highest educational potential: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), a high-performing network of all-girls public schools, and CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a school-based college guidance program for young women and men. YWLN programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for students in low-income communities. To learn more, visit: www.ywln.org.
YWLN is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support up to three (3) senior leadership executives, including the organization’s Executive Director. This role is an incredible opportunity for an experienced professional with planning, communication, coordination and project management expertise to work closely with high-performing, fast-paced, results-oriented and fun senior leaders. The person in this role will contribute to the success of the organization by managing time-sensitive, high-priority tasks and projects and must be able to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and situations with discretion, poise and diplomacy. Additionally, this person must have exceptional writing skills, be solutions oriented, must pay superb attention to detail and be able to manage competing priorities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly manage the calendars of up to three (3) leadership team members, including the Executive Director’s, maximizing and safe-guarding their time on high-priority matters.
- Schedule meetings, manage a wide variety of requests and complete additional administrative tasks such as processing reimbursements, making travel arrangements and preparing materials for meetings and conference calls.
- Own all meeting preparation for the Executive Director, including conducting research on external meeting participants when needed.
- Create and maintain systems for managing complex administrative tasks.
- Draft correspondence for the Executive Director, which may include letters, memos, agendas and emails addressed to internal and external audiences.
- Prepare materials and record minutes for YWLN Quarterly Board Meetings and committee calls.
- Engage in person, over email, and via telephone with board members, donors and key vendors on an ongoing basis on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Coordinate catering and audiovisual needs for board or donor related meetings or calls and build/maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Support gift processing and acknowledgement letter efforts, in coordination with the development and finance teams.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of work experience. Preferably managing a senior leader’s calendar and scheduling meetings.
- Careful Attention to detail.
- Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and online calendars
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience applying writing, editing and proofreading skills on the job.
- A demonstrated record of developing and maintaining organization systems for managing multiple workflows; being highly responsive in communication, prioritizing time-sensitive tasks, and completing tasks quickly while maintaining quality of work.
- A track record of managing projects from start to finish to achieve desired outcomes-both independent projects and those involving multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability of identifying and taking initiative to resolve problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, eager to learn, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Able to have flexible work hours given the work may occasionally demand support for early morning/evening meetings and events
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K matching
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to EA@ywln.org. Please mention where you saw this ad.