5515 Doyle Street
The Office Manager will report to the Director of Development and Operations and handles day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure that the office environment is orderly and resourced. This work is a critical component of Pact fulfilling its important mission. The Office Manager also will handle additional administrative tasks as assigned.
The Office Manager will report to the office from 9:00am – 3:00pm on Mondays – Fridays (with the exclusion of holidays) and will be entitled to two fifteen minute paid breaks every work day.
People of color and/or individuals touched by adoption and/or foster care are particularly encouraged to apply. This position’s FLMA status is non-exempt. Pact follows the Federal E.E.O.C. guidelines in the hiring process and celebrates diversity in its staff team.
- Answers and appropriately redirect telephone calls and email inquiries
- Maintains and creates a welcoming space for clients and visitors
- Makes office supply orders on the behalf of Pact’s team and work with the Bookkeeper for proper accounting and allocations of office supplies
- Collects and distribute incoming mail, deposits checks using Pact’s mobile deposit software.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations to serve as a liaison to ongoing vendor services to Pact.
- Ensures office machines (printer, fax/copier, postage machine, phones, etc.) remain in good working order.
Database Administration (Pact’s database is currently on Filemaker, and will be on Salesforce within the calendar year)
- Inputs new profiles
- Updates contact information
- Inputs webinar and conference registrations as well as membership purchases
- Maintains library inventory
- Fulfills and ships book and materials orders from Pact’s online store.
- Supports staff in administrative tasks when appropriate
- Occasionally manages in-office volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
Pact expects this position to have no travel and no mandatory weekend work.
This position is 30 hours a week and is entitled to benefits consistent with ¾ FTE. Pact offers employee healthcare, retirement matching (after the first year), and vacation/sick hour accruals. This position’s pay range is $20 - $25 an hour (depending on experience).
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate will have experience in office administration and data entry, be meticulous and organized, have excellent customer service skills, value teamwork, and believe in Pact’s mission. While this position is entry level, past experience in related work will be given strong consideration. Experience in Salesforce, Apple Computers, and Microsoft Office (particularly with Word and Excel) a plus. The Office Manager will need to be able to lift no more than twenty pounds. Bilingual (Spanish) language skills a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: David Allen, Director of Development and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should include a paragraph on why Pact’s mission is important to them either in their cover letter or on a separate communication. Candidates may call Pact’s offices at 510-243-9460 with inquires of further information. Pact hopes to fill this position by May 1, 2018. Priority consideration will be made to candidates who submit their resume and cover letter by April 20, 2018.