Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager and Senior Human Resources Generalist, she/he will provide HR services to drive employee engagement, employee satisfaction, and staff development, while ensuring actions and outcomes are aligned with East Side House, Inc. (ESH) mission, values, and strategic plan. This position carries out responsibilities in the following core functional areas: employee relations, labor relations, training & development, performance management, onboarding, recruitment, compliance, and HRIS.
Serve as Human Resources Business Partner and lead administrative operations, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the internal and external administrative leader for all accounts under portfolio
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the agency.
- Ensure that all services provided to employees comply with the agency’s quality standards, as well as state and federal regulations
- Assist program partners in the renewal of their contracts, licenses, etc.
- Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence; bridge agency-wide operations and continue to support an open-door policy among all staff.
- Submits all required changes under portfolio to the Payroll Manager (i.e. new hires, terminations, payroll deductions, contributions, etc.)
- Assist Community Centers, Senior Citizen Centers, P.S.179, P.S. 30 and Learn to Work Internship programs.
Portfolio Operations - Essential Functions
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; collaborates in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in the updating of employee handbook and policies and procedures
- Partner with program leaders to understand program operations; assess human resources needs, and provide solutions to aid in meeting program objectives and staff development
- Collaborates in a performance evaluation program for assigned employee classifications, and advise leaders on corrective measures to close performance and/or behavioral gaps
- Advise employees on career tracks, methods and resources for progression
- Facilitate onboarding (i.e. new hire paperwork, orientations, etc.) and off-boarding (i.e. exit interviews, separations, etc.)
- Participates in recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees;
- Handle employee relations matters; investigating and documenting complaints, and recommending corrective action; receiving and responding to accommodation requests; facilitating focus groups; assisting with the planning and coordination of recognition programs, team building, and employee engagement initiatives;
- May represent ESH at unemployment, disciplinary hearings, meetings, etc.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, webinars, etc. to stay current on employment laws, and HR best practices
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system (HRIS) records, compiles and generates reports from the database.
- Administers and tracks the status of reference and background checks
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Approves and submits invoices for payment; works in collaboration with the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.