123 Douglas Avenue
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in North and East Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which serves over 80,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students through college at a rate 4 times the national average.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 middle schools, 2 elementary schools, and 1 high school. We are excited to open our second elementary school, KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary, in 2017. Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous high schools and colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a member of the KIPP team & family.
The Manager of Annual Giving will report to the Director of Development and work closely with school-based and School Support Team members across KIPP Nashville. Their primary responsibility will be to develop and execute the annual fundraising campaign, which includes person to person fundraising and donor engagement and overseeing the annual fundraising breakfast. Demonstrating a team spirit and creative approach to achieving identified goals and initiatives, the Manager of Annual Giving will work to support operational excellence and scalable, high quality growth as we expand to 7 schools by 2020.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Annual Giving will include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual funding sources, and solicit gifts of time, talent and treasure
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, innovative campaign plan including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Develop and drive innovative donor retention strategies
- Facilitate and monitor individual Board Member fundraising toward Board giving goals
- Support the development of branding and messaging content and the marketing and communications efforts of individual schools and the KIPP Nashville Region, including but not limited to the development of high-quality, effective and consistent marketing and development materials, reports, mailings, and gift acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
- Execute direct mail, e-fundraising and peer-2-peer fundraising strategies
- Drive logistics for annual Leaders and Scholars Breakfast, as well as other major Development events
- Partner with the Communications Manager on programming and materials utilized for major Development events, consistent with KIPP Nashville’s branding and communications vision
- Coordinate staff and volunteer participation for all fundraising activities
- Recruit event chair(s) and table hosts and drive to success
- Design, promote and lead school tours
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Research and prepare high-quality proposals and grants to support annual and long-term fundraising initiatives, and manage related reporting and donor relationships
- Manage reporting requirements based on grants made to government agencies, corporate, and private foundations
Development Operations, Engagement and Stewardship
- Own stewardship and gift acknowledgement for all donors
- Ensure all donors are strategically thanked in timely and effective manner to encourage continued giving
- Create, manage and drive participation in relevant advocacy and volunteer opportunities for individuals and corporations to engage in our work
- Implement and oversee a donor relations/fundraising data system that ensures appropriate and timely coding and acknowledgement of donors and reporting for all stakeholders, as well as consistent donor communications and segmented annual campaigns
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in relevant field(s): Development, communications, marketing, fundraising
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of KIPP Nashville; comfort and willingness to actively participate in the school and neighborhood community
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated experience in the ability to communicate with, engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Ability to multitask, work collaboratively, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project and people management: comfort directing others towards a common outcome
- Proven track record of maintaining fiscal integrity, accurate reporting, and budget compliance
- Comprehensive experience tracking projections and producing reports utilizing Microsoft Excel and/or a sophisticated fundraising database
- Strategic and analytical skills combined with a flexible and entrepreneurial spirit; ability to adapt to quickly changing needs and priorities, demonstrated “whatever it takes” approach to securing funding goals
- Experience with the Nashville philanthropy environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Apply directly online. Please contact Kristin Godt, Director of Recruitment, at email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required