As a Development Assistant you'll help accomplish our mission by providing the critical back-office support, assisting with our local Chapter’s fundraising events and liaising with our National Headquarters. This is a great fit for a hard-working individual with an interest in nonprofits, fundraising, and/or operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of Crohn's and Colitis Foundation facilities, equipment and documents by managing the office facilities and coordinate with vendors for daily operations and timely payment of invoices;
- Monitor and answer all Chapter inquiries via phone and email;
- Greet visitors, handle deliveries and be the front face of the local office
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local region while advancing Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's mission
Program Assistance & Development
- Assist Chapter Staff with planning for all local fundraising events (Take Steps walks, Benefit Luncheon, Flag Football Tourney, Hops & Vines, spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures and Microsoft 5K run/walk). Projects may include, copywriting, participant communication, updating e-newsletter and website content, and vendor communication
- Manage office volunteers and coordinate volunteer involvement for the Chapter’s off-site events
- Assist the Regional Director with chapter mailings, Board communication, donor stewardship, meeting minutes, and staff activities
Data Entry & Finance
- Maintain up to date and accurate records via our internal database
- Receive, process, accurately acknowledge chapter donations as well as keeping impeccable financial records and preparing monthly statements
- Using internal tools and following best practices, assist in creating e-newsletters and email communications for Foundation constituents
- With Chapter staff and internal support, lead and manage the chapter’s social media pages, website and create engaging content for followers
- Assist with the preparation of collateral materials related to fundraising programs and mission activities
- College graduate or equivalent experience required. Prior administrative or nonprofit work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success managing multiple projects, providing excellence in customer service, building community through marketing, outreach, or communications, and working with donors/volunteers.
- Self-motivated, results oriented professional with strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Experience working with budgets and finance a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database management)
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, professionals and wider community and further the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s Mission.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required