475 Riverside Drive
LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF NEW YORK
POSITION: Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director for Early Childhood Education – Borough-wide
LOCATIONS: Various (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan)
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
The Education Coordinator is responsible for curriculum content for the early childhood pre-school, adapting standards to the needs of the child at the Early LIFE Center. The Education Coordinator will manage, generate and oversee each child's individual progress, working cooperatively with the pre-school Director, classroom teachers, parents, guardians, ACS and DOE.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct at all times.
•Have a working knowledge of applicable Early Childhood Standards and applicable assessment tools.
•Oversee and manage the review process for each child in accordance to the needs of each individual child.
•Have a familiarity with the Early Learn curriculum and implement the curriculum according to each individual child’s needs.
•Ensure that each student's annual goals are understood; oversee and manage a plan to reach these goals, setting appropriate benchmarks and indicators to be met on a quarterly (or more frequent) basis.
•Provide a classroom presence to gain a wider appreciation of the children’s learning needs and to evaluate teachers.
•Provide monthly written feedback and support for each teacher, with appropriate commendations and recommendations supporting curriculum growth, adaptation and development.
•Create the school schedule for each teacher, including periods for training and supervision, breakfast and lunch, etc.
•Provide direct technical assistance, visitation, and written feedback to each classroom Assistant Teacher.
•Coordinate the school's professional development program to ensure ACS and Head Start compliance on an annual basis for any newly certified teachers under the Initial or Professional Teacher Certification mandates.
•Provide feedback to the Director of the Early LIFE pre-school on a quarterly basis to ensure the school's curriculum offerings are on target.
•Meet with parents and guardians to ensure their understanding and appreciation of their child's academic progress.
•Attend annual review meetings as designated by the Director of the Early LIFE pre-school.
•Assist teachers in the creation of school progress reports that will be issued on a quarterly (or more frequent) basis.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent.
- NYS certification in Early Childhood Education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Early Childhood school setting or similar experience from another source of employment or community involvement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction in Early Childhood Education.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective classroom management skills and techniques for pre-school children.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Director of Early LIFE pre-school, fellow teachers, related services staff, parents and guardians.
- Demonstrated ability to write appropriate and targeted student progress reports.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt expertise to meet student learning needs.
This position description contains the major responsibilities required to perform this job. These responsibilities may change at any time to meet the needs of our clients, residents or agency.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to:
Patricia Eckford-Jackson | Peckford-jackson@LSSNY.ORG
Beatrice Hutcherson | Bhutcherson@LSSNY.ORG
[with "Education Coordinator" in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----