Founded in 1998 by Leonard A. and Ronald S. Lauder, the Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation is dedicated to rapidly accelerating the discovery of drugs to prevent, treat, and cure Alzheimer's disease. The ADDF is the only public charity solely focused on funding the development of drugs for Alzheimer's, employing a venture philanthropy model to support research in academia and the biotech industry. Through the generosity of its donors, the ADDF has awarded more than $168 million to fund over 650 Alzheimer's drug discovery and biomarker programs and clinical trials in 19 countries. To learn more, please visit: http://www.alzdiscovery.org/
The Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) is seeking to hire an Operations and Administration Manager. They will provide highly skilled operational, technological, administrative, and reception support for a prestigious and innovative non-profit organization with a staff of thirty employees.
The ideal candidate is an individual who takes pride in being tech-savvy, organized, is pro-active and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage a wide array of high-level priorities. A minimum of three years relevant office/professional experience is required.
Placement: this position will directly report to the Chief of Staff. This is a full-time exempt position based in midtown Manhattan, NY. This role is NOT remote and work will be performed on-site.
· Responsible for ADDF’s technology strategy and implementation
· Point person for interfacing with IT consultant and staff, often providing initial troubleshooting of basic requests and assisting with on-site AV and computer set up
· Responsible for facilities management and maintaining an organized, safe, and workable office environment, including the upkeep of all shared areas, office equipment, and storage (on-site, off-site, and remote)
· Cultivate, manage and maintain relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord
· Manage Operations & Admin budget ensuring that office and team related invoices/expenses are submitted in accordance with Institutional policies
· Oversee conference room scheduling and manage seating assignments as needed for remote employees, consultants, interns, and volunteers
· Monitor inventory levels and place office supply orders
· Monitor general “info” e-mail account and draft outgoing correspondence as needed
· Design, update, and implement office best practices and protocols as needed
Administrative/Executive Support Responsibilities
· Provide administrative support to the Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant to the Chief Science Officer as needed; including but not limited to calendar management and scheduling of meetings and travel for Executive Leadership, contact maintenance, procurement of donor gifts, and board meeting support
· Provide HR support to the Chief of Staff—process weekly timesheets for non-exempt employees, assist with onboarding, offboarding, file maintenance, attendance tracking, and completion of paperwork as needed
· Plan and execute companywide events, activities, and staff meetings
· Facilitate internal communications and generate companywide announcements, promoting an office culture of openness, inclusivity, and staff appreciation
· Greet guests and provide refreshments as needed
· Answer phone calls to the general line
· Sign and receive deliveries
· Handle incoming and outgoing mail
Other related duties as necessary
· Minimum three years of relevant full-time experience in an office or similar setting
· Eager, positive, and pro-active self-starter with professional demeanor
· Must be comfortable with technology and have the technical prowess to troubleshoot basic IT needs
· Team player, skilled at interacting with staff, donors, and external partners via all forms of communication (in-person, phone, email, formal letter writing, etc.)
· Resilience and flexibility to manage multiple high-level projects, priorities, and changing tasks as needed
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced non-profit environment, practicing sound judgment
· Genuine interest in mission-driven organization
· Strong work ethic, high-energy, detail oriented with high level of accuracy
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Undergraduate degree required
· Strong commitment to ADDF’s mission and cause
To Apply: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please state “Operations and Administration Manager” on the subject line. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Applicants are directed to reach out to HR; please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. ** This role is NOT remote and work will be performed on-site.
ADDF is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Founded in 1998 by Leonard A. and Ronald S. Lauder, the Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation is dedicated to rapidly accelerating the discovery of drugs to prevent, treat, and cure Alzheimer's disease. The ADDF is the…
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k retirement plan.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k retirement plan.
To Apply: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please state “Operations and Administration Manager” on the subject line. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Applicants are directed please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
To Apply: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please state “Operations and Administration Manager” on the subject line. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered…