Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Sr. Media Relations Coordinator
Department: External Affairs
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Media Relations & External Engagement
Location: Washington, DC
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
We are seeking a Sr. Media Relations Coordinator for our External Affairs department to play a key role in all facets of the Foundation’s media outreach, including drafting media materials, pitching creative story ideas, and maintaining media contact databases. The position will also be responsible for close coordination within the External Affairs team, and monitoring the daily media landscape as it pertains to the Foundation, HIV/AIDS issues, and global health broadly.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Sr. Media Relations Coordinator?
Media Relations & External Engagement
· Assist Sr. Manager, Media Relations & External Engagement in efforts to strategically engage media, generating strong U.S. and international press coverage on the Foundation’s global programs, public policy & advocacy, and research efforts
· Collaborate with Sr. Manager, Media Relations & External Engagement on responding to breaking news and implementing proactive strategies for owned channels and earned media
· Draft press releases, statements, op-eds, and other external communications materials
· Support country communication activities as necessary with Associate Director, Media & Communications (based in Africa)
· Manage media contact database, media coverage tracking, and generate reports on media coverage as needed and assist with responding to media requests
Materials and Communication
· Manage daily clips dissemination and monitor media for key mentions of EGPAF, HIV/AIDS, and relevant global health issues
· Support EGPAF Ambassador engagement, including Ambassador communication, coordinating engagements with internal and external partners, and developing talking points and remarks
· Liaise with external stakeholders and departments within EGPAF to develop media strategies and materials for events, conferences, etc.
· Coordinate and develop relevant materials in preparation for internal meetings, external events, webinars, and other engagements as needed
· Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference calls
· Process vendor invoices in a timely manner
· Other duties as assigned
To be successful, you will have…
· 2+ years of experience in communications, public policy, media and public relations, and/or the non-profit sector
· Excellent writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills with experience developing messaging, writing talking points, speeches, and op-eds; experience and interest in developing and pitching stories to media
· Social media understanding, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
· Familiarity with Meltwater, PR Newswire, or other media monitoring and PR software
· Demonstrated leadership in the following competencies: flexibility, problem solving, resilience, and time management
Bonus points if you have…
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and/or global health issues
· Existing media contacts
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an…