1402 3rd Avenue
Transportation Choices Coalition is Washington State’s leading non-profit organization working to expand transportation choices for everyone. Our vision is affordable, walkable, bike-friendly, vibrant communities connected by great transit. Our work focuses on building support for transportation through community outreach, education and engagement, and through informing the development of equitable policies that make it easier and more affordable for people to get around. In the last 25 years we have won billions of dollars for transit, bike and pedestrian investments. Our mission is to bring Washingtonians more and better transportation choices – real opportunity to take a bus, catch a train, ride a bike or walk. We are looking for someone passionate in helping us further that mission.
The Outreach and Engagement Director is a key member of the TCC team and is charged with leading our education priorities, shaping outreach strategy and building relationships in communities. This team member works closely with the Policy and Advocacy Directors on interpreting policies and programs in a way that people can understand, connect with and advocate for. This role is responsible for building public support for our vision and mission through a variety of mechanisms such as: events, communications, relationship building, social marketing, volunteer/peer-to-peer outreach and other tactics. The Outreach and Engagement Director coordinates events including Ride Transit Month, public forums and Transit Talks; the person filling this role has a unique opportunity to further evolve existing programs and identify new opportunities. Center to this role is interfacing with communities and building relationships with stakeholders in businesses, public agencies, student groups, and other community organizations and with individuals. Core to the role is ensuring that equity/ equitable access to opportunity is the guiding principle.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary range: $63,000 - $68,000
Position Type: Full-time based in Seattle. Flexible schedule with some night, weekend work and some travel required.
Education, Outreach & Programs
- Grow education program focused on building broad public support for transit
- Represent TCC at community events, public forums and partner meetings etc.
- Identify collaboration opportunities in a variety of communities
- Identify and work to understand and elevate key issues in communities
- Identify new and creative opportunities to grow TCC’s support base
- Work with Communications Manager on educational content and features
- Organize quarterly ‘Transit Talks’ education forums, including developing topics, identifying speakers, and managing venue logistics
- Evolve TCC’s signature Ride Transit Month, a month-long education campaign including participant recruitment and building key relationships with partners from local and regional business, educational institutions, community groups and government agencies
- Organize community events related to relevant priorities and issues
- Manage and grow TCC volunteer base
- Provide orientation and training opportunities
- Utilize volunteer’s unique talents in a way that is mutually fulfilling
- A strong commitment to racial equity-based programming
- Background in community engagement and outreach, especially in low-income and communities of color
- 2-3 years marketing or event management experience or related
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a team environment and working with volunteers
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple tasks
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Staff and/or volunteer management experience
- Familiarity and interest in transportation or related issues
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time position based in Seattle with salary ranging from $63,000 - $68,000. Competitive benefits package including company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement matching, professional development, generous vacation policy starting at twenty days, and yearly transit pass. TCC prioritizes diversity and inclusion. Women, non-cis gender, people of color, and individuals from under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment at TCC is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical, or mental disability, marital, or veteran status, political ideology, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social/recreational programs.
About Our Office
TCC’s office is located in downtown Seattle, with access to buses, light rail, 2nd Ave bike lanes, and many other transportation options. Our office is located on the 3rd floor, with elevator access to our suite and to ADA accessible restrooms. Gender neutral restrooms are also located in the building.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume by email to Jaclyn Gault, Operations Manager, at jobs@Transportationchoices.org; indicate “Outreach and Engagement Director Position” in the subject line.
TCC would like to fill this position as soon as possible and will be assessing and interviewing candidates as applications arrive. No phone calls please.