Details: We believe in fully transparent hiring practices. Pay rates for Lead Therapeutic Classroom Teachers are $17.77/hour—$23.19/hour
Childhaven teachers are a special kind of educator. They believe that early learning and child care programs can improve lives affected by trauma, and help children thrive despite what they've experienced. Working with our kids and their parents every day, teachers represent the core of our services for children and families.
Are you an experienced child care or early education professional who wants to make a big impact on our community? Come teach at Childhaven!
Teaching positions offer:
- A great opportunity to connect with families who have high needs, and make a lasting impact on their well-being
- Experience delivering early learning curricula to children from birth to six in an environment with low child-to-teacher ratios
- Paid time in training sessions on a wide variety of clinical, education, and health-related topics (including Right Response), as well as an education stipend
- A comprehensive benefits package including full medical and dental, as well as a $750 employer contribution towards your deductible
- Chances to collaborate with and learn from many other professionals, including mental health therapists and clinicians, ECEAP and Head Start teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, special educators, nurses, case managers, and more
- Exposure to the child welfare system in King County and WA state, and experience helping families navigate it
- Regular step increases to salary
- Lots of quality time with kids like these!
- At least 1 year of experience working with children
- A bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or a related field—or an AA degree in a related field + 4 years of experience working with children
- You will submit to, pass Childhaven’s drug screen and background check, and possess a portable background check through the Washington Department of Early Learning.
- A valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and a verifiable safe driving record.
- Your current certifications include First Aid, Child/Infant CPR, HIV & Blood borne Pathogens and you have a MERIT identification number.
Level of Language Proficiency
Childhaven serves families from diverse communities and we are committed to recruiting candidates who reflect this diversity. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter at Childhaven's website: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/296372