Details: Overtime eligible
146 Duane Street
The Jewish Community Project (JCP) of Lower Manhattan, Inc. was founded in 2002 as a grass-roots effort to grow Jewish life in downtown NYC. Based in Tribeca, JCP is an open and organic Jewish community which enables individuals and families to become a creative force in the life of the organization, and through educational, cultural, social, and spiritual experiences. The organization now serves approximately 600 downtown families and individuals and also operates a prominent early childhood and Hebrew school program.
As Executive Assistant, you are central to the activities that support the ED. You are an energetic, thoughtful, positive and creative team player who loves rolling up your sleeves and keeping everything hyper-organized. You thrive in fast-moving, multi-tasking environments, remaining calm and collected while always paying exquisite attention to detail. You know how to successfully execute complex and strategic scheduling and high-level relationship management, using excellent judgement and knowing when to maintain confidentiality. You are motivated by a collaborative environment and are always willing to go the extra mile, working closely with the rest of the JCP team to manage information flow and briefings and to smoothly execute a wide range of daily tasks and broader goals.
Key areas of responsibility for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide overall administrative support for diverse internal and external needs
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with the community
- Book travel arrangements and manage travel itineraries
- Scheduling the ED’s appointments and maintaining the calendar
- Anticipating the ED’s needs for various commitments and preparing accordingly
- Managing ED’s daily activities and requirements, preferences and other relevant matters
- Managing relationships on behalf of the ED in a thoughtful, responsive and timely manner
- Handling logistics for all internal and external meetings
- Assisting with logistical management of the Organization's Board of Trustees meetings as needed
- Working with JCP staff to ensure the ED has all necessary briefings and materials well in advance of meetings and events. Coordinating material delivery when necessary.
- Attend specific JCP events and help with logistics as needed (including select evening and weekend events), and at times acting as the primary JCP administrative staff person at specific events and gatherings
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess or exhibit the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with two years of administrative experience
- Experience with relational database and/or donor information systems, as well as expertise with Excel, MS Office and other general computer applications
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy, and highly developed organizational skills
- Strong social skills and willingness to work together with a small team and provide backup for multiple colleagues, remaining adaptable and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal abilities; excellent listening skills; writing and verbal skills; assertiveness in presenting ideas
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, donors and others
- Professional work style, and effective written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented, and friendly
- Excellent problem solving skills, and self-motivated to perform at a high level
- A desire to take initiative, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Thinks innovatively and creatively; demonstrates accountability and good judgement
- Strong project management skills; meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; ability to multi-task and work under pressured
- Professional representation of the Organization as an internal and external ambassador; intercultural knowledge and appreciation
- Anticipates future opportunities; ability to organize chaos into a coherent plan
- Comfort level with working in a growing, community-based, Jewish organization
This position is non-exempt full time and carries eligibility for overtime, a range of health and dental insurance plans, pension, transit and other employee benefits. JCP offers a competitive package of benefits, compensated time off and other perks.
Minimum Education Required