Camp Harbor View changes lives and transforms Boston’s communities by exposing underserved youth to the possibilities of a future they may have never envisioned. We provide unique experiences that let kids be kids, build confidence, unlock creativity, broaden horizons, and foster skills for successful lives. Our exceptional summer day camp and year-long programming, featuring a leadership academy for teens, helps kids envision new pathways to success by providing life-shaping experiences at a critical time in their lives. The framework of Camp Harbor View’s summer program puts fun first with programs in boating, arts, athletics, music, aquatics, education, and leadership development. The year-long leadership academy for teens is grounded in developing critical life skills and pathways to post-secondary success. Camp Harbor View models and instils the core values of fun, respect, responsibility, character, courage, and community. The structure of both personal and group challenges creates profound connections with peers, leadership qualities, and liberates the potential of the young people that Camp Harbor View serves.
Title/Position: Clinical Program Supervisor
Reports to: Deputy Director
Location: Camp Harbor View, Boston MA
The Clinical Program Supervisor oversees the strategic direction of the youth and family support team. Specifically, he/she will work closely with Camp Harbor View’s senior leadership team to design and implement Camp Harbor View’s approach to providing wrap-around support services to youth and families, with a focus on clinical supports. Camp Harbor View’s summer and year-long programs are designed to provide supports to families that come with a variety of needs. This will include the development and supervision of a variety of services including clinical case management, parent programs, and community-based service coordination. Additionally, he/she will work closely with the leaders of each Camp Harbor View program to ensure that supports are effectively interwoven across all service areas. Service areas include, but are not limited to, therapeutic supports, crisis management, resource referral, and skill-based workshops. He/she will serve on the Camp Harbor View leadership team, managing a team of two of one worker, one community resource coordinator, and three interns.
· Provide clinical and job supervision for staff social workers and clinical interns.
· Design and implement an innovative and responsive year-round clinical program to support campers, teens, and families.
· Develop effective ways to ensure appropriate goals, tracking, and a culture of data within the youth and family support team.
· Lead the team in advocating for and providing services, including short, medium, and long term goal oriented individual and family ongoing support, crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
· Organize and lead supportive small groups for members and families addressing issues/topics including, but not limited to, substance use/abuse, sexuality, self-esteem, peer leadership, parenting, and general health and fitness.
· Work with camp staff during the summer to problem-solve intervention strategies targeting ‘at-risk’ campers and their families.
· Coordinate volunteers and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members and staff. Build external relationships with other agencies, serving as an external voice for Camp Harbor View’s clinical program supports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communication, group leadership skills, public speaking and clinical writing skills
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to provide leadership, to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment and to maintain a positive attitude.
· Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs.
· Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· S/he will be entrepreneurial, and consistently strive to improve programs for the youth and families that Camp Harbor View serves.
· Lead weekly individual and group supervision sessions (including clinical supervision); participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
· Work as part of the Camp Harbor View program team, ensuring proper clinical service coordination across programs.
· Travel within Boston proper.
· Other related duties as specified by supervisor.
· MSW and MA LICSW required.
· At least 3 years of experience leading programs in an after school setting.
· At least 3 years of experience leading and managing diverse teams.
· At least 3 years post-Masters experience working with youth and families.
· Knowledge of social service issues, trends, and resources.
· Strengths-based approach in working with clients.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
· Flexibility to work camp and after-school hours, especially as seasons and service needs change.
· Valid driver’s license and transportation required.
· Team-based working style.
· Ability to give and receive feedback.
· Ability to set priorities, and manage multiple tasks to deadline.
· Creative, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, authentic and passionate about young people’s growth and development. S/he will be entrepreneurial, and consistently strive to improve programs for the youth and families that Camp Harbor View serves.
Minimum Education Required