This person is responsible for leading the business intelligence efforts at the Institute of International Education; This role includes managing and adapting IIE to a single cloud-based business intelligence platform. This person leads a team of data analysts and specialists to embed business intelligence (BI) as part of solution design and maintenance of business applications. He/She works with internal and external stakeholders and the other business system teams to develop business intelligence specific requirements and align them to solutions. This person also serves as a Subject Matter Expert in business intelligence design and implementation of the BI platform for internal and external stakeholders. He/She also oversees the delivery of data distribution, insights and predictive models to support decision making. This role champions the use of business intelligence across the organization and the alignment of data to drive a single source of truth for the organization. The role calls for an individual with strong data management aptitude, ability to work effectively in a cross functional environment and ability to validate business insights as needed.
• Leads enterprise Business Intelligence efforts at the Institute of International Education
• Manages and adapts the Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly Azure SQL Data Warehouse) Business Intelligence platforms across the organization and executes the business intelligence roadmap
• Influences and embeds Business Intelligence in solution design and application operations and maintenance activities
• Collaborates with various departments and helps teams to make data-driven decisions
• Designs, implements and delivers business intelligence tools (such as Microsoft Power BI) to internal and external stakeholders
• Oversees Business Intelligence activities such as delivering analysis on data distributions, drawing insights, and developing predictive models
• Manages, develops and inspires a team of data analysts and specialists. Make recommendations to leadership concerning employment, termination, performance evaluations, salary actions, and other personnel actions
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least eight years of related work experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Direct experiences in deploying enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to create value and enable data driven decision making
• Direct and successful experiences with stakeholder and expectation management
• Experiences in working with SQL Server and Microsoft BI platform, particularly Microsoft SSIS
• Experiences with ETL processing and data modeling
• Proven in depth understanding of data architecture and industry best practices on data management
• Demonstrated project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and document creation skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work non-standard hours including weekends and evenings
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This person is responsible for leading the business intelligence efforts at the Institute of International Education; This role includes managing and adapting IIE to a single cloud-based business intelligence…