With more than 163,000 members in eleven states and the District of Columbia, 32BJ SEIU is the largest property service union in the country. We represent security officers; residential building doormen and porters; commercial office building cleaners and maintenance workers; school support workers; window cleaners; and food service workers. 32BJ is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), an organization of more than 2.2 million members united by a belief in the dignity and value of working people and their families.
32BJ has an opening for an experienced Payroll Coordinator based in its New York City office. We employ over 450 staff and as many as 200 temporary employees throughout the year. The Payroll Manager manages the entire payroll function, processing a weekly multistate payroll, and producing related analysis and reporting. Responsibilities for the position include:
· Review and approval of weekly payroll changes; conducting weekly reconciliations;
· Processing voluntary deductions and garnishments;
· Liaison to HR re new hires, terminations, conditions of service and other relevant matters;
· Preparation and reconciliation of payment summaries and benefits analysis after transmitting payroll;
· Preparation and reconciliation of monthly general ledger entries;
· Analysis of month-end budget-to-actuals;
· Preparation and reconciliation of year-end payroll detail for compliance with Labor Management and IRS reporting;
· System upgrades as needed;
· Other duties as assigned.
The Payroll Manager is expected to maintain her/his professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and webinars, particularly those offered by ADP.
- Minimum 2-year Associate’s degree
- Minimum five years of relevant payroll experience;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles;
- Proficiency with ADP software and knowledge of HR software template interface;
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of Solomon Accounting software or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications;
- Ability and experience handling confidential information professionally;
- Ability to be responsive to staff and management while maintaining her/his own hard internal and external deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary based upon experience. A generous benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for full-time employees and their qualified dependents, and a defined benefit pension plan.
A generous benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for full-time employees and their qualified dependents, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a resume with a letter of interest, highlighting relevant experience, to HR@seiu32bj.org. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.