Events Coordinator. American Liver Foundation. Greater New York Division
- Job posted by American Liver Foundation, National Office
American Liver Foundation
Greater New York Division
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
Provide fundraising, program and administrative support for the activities of the Greater New York Division (Long Island, North Jersey, NYC, Westchester County).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Support fundraising events (Liver Life Walks - Long Island, New York City, New Jersey; Honors Gala; Challenge teams for the NYC marathon and NYC ½ Marathon) and activities in assigned areas, to include the following:
- Participant recruitment, communication, and motivation for fundraising events.
- Volunteer recruitment, organization, orientation, and training.
- Securing in-kind gifts for the Walks and Gala, including food donations and auction items
- Assist with developing written communication, event materials, event websites.
- Public relations, including social media
- Logistics for the events
- Monitoring of each event/activity budget
- Perform administrative tasks necessary to the maintenance of the Division office and support of the events such as answering telephone, handling or referring calls as appropriate; deposits, expense requisitions, credit card bills; preparing acknowledgement letters, maintaining office supplies; disseminate educational information as needed.
- In collaboration with Executive Director and Events Manager, will prepare annual plan of work for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Interact with Board and Committee members as assigned.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Community Outreach and Education Manager, provide support for Division specific patient and public education programs
- Maintain Greater New York Division and Events websites.
- Manage email communications for division.
- Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of the American Liver Foundation.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Monitoring budget of each event/activity and maintaining accurate recordkeeping
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in education, training and experience required.
Experience: Two years of experience with similar not-for-profit organizations preferred.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Experience with Convio a plus.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends throughout the geography of the Greater New York Division.
Must have a valid Driver's License and be willing to drive rental van and or personal vehicle as needed for event preparation.
Must be willing to lift/move event related materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
The office is located in downtown New York City.
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Full time staff are entitled to Benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Other language a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Veronica Perez, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.