Database (Salesforce) Administrator- National (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The Organizational Performance ("OP") team's mission is to improve the organization's performance through the use of information. Its main internal constituents are program leadership (CEO, VP Programs, Executive Directors, Site Directors and Program Directors), the Development team and the Board of Directors. To serve these constituents well, the OP team must maintain an intimate understanding of the current program, contribute to defining, monitoring, and improving the current program, and support site staff in sustaining the necessary data habits that ensure timely and valid data entry. This requires building and maintaining a technology infrastructure for determining and communicating the impact College Track has on students and if applicable, schools and communities. The team is brand new and growing. The OP team is led by the Vice President of Organizational Performance and currently supported Data Analysts.
The Database Administrator directs and oversees the design and development of systems used for managing data such as data warehouses, data stores, and other business intelligence systems that support our operational, program, and donor-related needs. He or she will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our organizational objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our database infrastructure, with a particular focus on Salesforce.
This role is deeply knowledgeable in both our operational and program processes and the systems that support one or more related business functions. This role works to define our fundamental business logic and then carefully implement the necessary configurations in Salesforce and related cloud software.
It also includes serving as project manager and interfacing regularly with staff to enable operational efficiency and growth for College Track and our students through the use of innovative tools and solutions, specifically Salesforce. Ongoing work will include database administration and maintenance, management of dashboards and data flows, as well as optimization of org-wide workflows as it relates to data collection and entry.
This role will work in partnership with program and operational departments in support of strong technology systems and support and the integration of innovative tools, solutions and processes for operations and program needs at College Track National, Regions, and Sites.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Understands the logic behind our program model and the data and technological challenges of the organization and its staff and students.
- Identifies effective solutions to operational workflows and program delivery
- Documents, edits and reviews requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for new systems, new interfaces, new processes and new requirements.
- Provide expertise and problem resolution to data issues, primarily regarding Salesforce
- Research, communicate and demonstrate best practice opportunities for regions and sites, allowing key decision makers and regional/site
directors the opportunity to leverage best practice as a strategic and competitive advantage for the organization.
- Facilitate communication, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with the end user community across all functional, regional, and site areas to ensure a global system
- Designs or prepares reports using approved system tools (SQL/Tableau/BI/Salesforce/Intacct/ADP) to gather and prepare data for reports and analytical tasks.
- Manages high leverage department and org-wide projects
- Plan and lead testing, implementation, training, support and documentation activities for local projects
- Assist developers internal and external through provision of functional
specifications, troubleshooting, and technical walk through
- Works with the users to identify required changes
- Communicates progress and needed changes to functional areas, program staff, and the National Leadership Team
Database (Salesforce) Administration
- Work closely with various teams (IT, Operations, Program) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions by managing an iterative Salesforce roadmap. Continue to drive completion and user adoption of existing Salesforce roadmap initiatives while identifying new roadmap initiatives.
- Perform administrator functions such as user management, profiles, roles, permissions, rules, queues, licenses, capacity and storage management
- Manage and maintain third party apps linked to our Salesforce instance and make recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies
- Customize and manage dashboards, reports, forms, templates, page layouts, workflows and approvals; create and maintain custom objects, object relationships, standard and custom fields
- Work with end users to provide best practices and tips on Salesforce usage including training, documentation and support as necessary
- Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Define and meet published SLAs for issues and problems
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor s Degree preferred
- 2+ years in IT as a developer, consultant, business analyst or systems administrator
- 1+ years as a Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Administrator or Developer a plus
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experiencing managing a data warehouse preferred, especially with BigQuery
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training
- Open source Website CMS experience a plus (especially Plone, WordPress, Drupal) Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently and use good judgment
- Some coding experience preferred (SQL, Python, Apex, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others and display diplomatic and strong communication skills with colleagues and client stakeholders
- Self-manage and adapt to changing priorities as needed
- Adept with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products
- Genuine and deep interest in our program model and staff
- Fun and humble with a stroke of weird
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required