1250 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
This is a great opportunity for recent college grads!
Position: Foundation Coordinator
Reports To: Foundation Manager
Daily duties include coordinating postings for AHLEF’s social media accounts, drafting first round press releases, writing copy for websites, and providing administrative support such data entry, merges, and filing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Produce written content for email listserv, website, and social media networks to raise the visibility of our organization
- Write and design regular content for website
- Develop and post regular content for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
● Draft content for press releases and E-Marketing materials.
● Coordinate the newsletter quarterly content schedule.
● Assist with the development of content for the new AHLEF Website and maintaining it.
● Coordinate with Marketing Department on all published materials, including monitoring printing needs, preparation of P.O.’s, ordering printing materials, and consulting with designers and exterior printing company.
● Coordinate the Alumni Program, which includes:
- Serve as Alumni Ambassador and official point of contact.
- Administer alumni communications.
- Arrange and conduct interviews; write and edit articles regarding alumni.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Assist with data-entry and data verification for all Foundation databases as well as the generation of all required reports.
● Prepare, mail, and track all solicitation letters and proposals.
● Document, enter, track, and acknowledge all donations. Assist in fulfilling obligations to donors with regard to recognition and stewardship activities.
● Help maintain lists of all AHLEF donors suitable for publication in newsletters, annual report, and other publications as requested.
● Provide clerical support for the Foundation and coordinate all major mailings.
● Perform general office duties such as folding and stuffing outgoing mail; arranging shipment of express packages; inventory and order/purchase supplies; and phone coverage.
● Maintain the Foundation’s files and materials stored on-site and off-site.
● Maintains the rosters of all Foundation committees and Board, including updates in iMIS.
● Assist in grading scholarship applications and distribution of checks and award certificates.
● Perform other duties as may be requested from time to time.
Job Requirements and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications or Marketing
● 1-2 years of experience, preferably at a nonprofit
● Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
● Experience with donor communications or marketing preferred.
● Detail oriented
● Excellent project management skills required
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
● Self-motivated and team oriented, with a positive and go-getter attitude
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
● Knowledgeable with mail merges and ability to process large mailings
● Experience in IMIS, Access, or some other database management a plus
American Hotel and Lodging Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment. American Hotel and Lodging Association does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in any of its programs or activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com with Foundation Coordinator in the subject line.