SR. RESEARCH ANALYST – WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Full-Time Exempt ● Location: Beacon Hill, Seattle
Equal Opportunity Employer
Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for people to support themselves and their families through living wage careers. All of our work is designed to eliminate barriers to well-paid, long-term work. We creatively align support services — like housing, childcare, transportation and counseling – with job skills training and job placement assistance.
SJI seeks to make change. Everything we do is fueled by critical thinking, innovation and collaboration. Our Research & Policy team and aims to uncover and provide solutions to address the barriers that low-income individuals face in obtaining the education and jobs they need to advance out of poverty. If any of these areas ring true to your experience or passions, let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
What will you do?
Working under the Director of Consulting, this position is responsible for delivering and leading consulting/technical assistance to improve the ability of agencies and organizations to provide effective workforce development, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment & Training (SNAP E&T), and other services related to helping people move out of poverty, and to provide strategic business development, with particular focus on networking and pitching work to prospective current clients.
What qualifications and experience will our Sr. Research Analyst bring to SJI?
- VALUES: A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. This includes our expected staff values: Excellent communication, professional and gracious behavior, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience, preferably in workforce, economic development, and/or income-related policy areas, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Master’s Degree and two years’ experience preferred in economics, or other social science research field that includes a curriculum of economics, statistics, public finance or policy analysis. An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
- Experience conducting program evaluation, giving public presentations, utilizing data to design/measure programs (data design), completing extensive research projects, with focus on workforce development, poverty issues, or related areas preferred.
- Experience with both public and nonprofit sectors preferred.
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to provide strategic consultation and support the organization and its clients in the formulation and implementation of strategies. Ability to advise clients in the setting and delivery of targets for performance and engagement.
- Ability to dynamically prioritize and adjust to change with a customer-focused orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing employment and training or related programs serving low-income populations.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, possess solid project management skills, exceptional writing abilities. Effective and persuasive public presentation skills.
- Prior experience in program development, preferred. (i.e., developing a coaching model, prototyping transportation component, etc.)
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office suite, advanced skills preferred.
- Some National travel required (Less than 5% of time).
Salary/Benefits: Starting wage between $53K - $62K, company paid employee medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (Paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.
Minimum Education Required