2788 SE 82nd Ave
APANO is looking for a Director of Finance & Administration who can help usher the organization through its next phase of evolution. We envision the position to focus on the following two major areas: basic accounting services and advanced grant reporting/budget development support. This position also oversees the APANO administrative support team. The Director of Finance & Administration reports to the Executive Director and has day-to-day responsibility for managing the organization’s financial records, recording administrative and fiscal activities, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for payables and receivables, and coordinate annual audits/financial reviews with our auditor. This individual will join a growing, seasoned team of member-leaders and staff working to win concrete change in the lives of Asian and Pacific Islanders in Oregon, and the larger world. Our ideal candidate has cultural competency working with API communities, a demonstrated commitment to racial and social justice values, and whose work style is collaborative and facilitates open conversations.
The Director of Finance & Administration maintains the organization’s master financial record including, but not limited to: official corporate W-9, IRS exemption letters, 990 filings, audit/financial review reports, major funder contracts, major vendor contracts, financial and HR policy books, authorized signature image files, payroll records, accounting database, transaction substantiations, external account statements, and other work papers, forms, and schedules. Additionally, the Director of Finance & Administration owns general accounting activities on a monthly and yearly basis.
The Director of Finance & Administration will have:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or related field or a combination of education and directly related work experience.
- At least four years of financial management experience required.
- Positive attitude, with ability to adapt to dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of non-profit GAAP, auditor requirements, and IRS 990 reporting requirements.
- Seasoned management of direct reports.
- Grant Accounting Experience.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with relevant software, tools, approaches, etc.
- Working experiences with other non-profit organizations.
- Experience with managing multi-entity organizations: 501c3, 501c4 and PACs
- Preferred: Licensed CPA.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should be emailed as a single attached document (PDF required) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title Finance Manager
Complete applications include:
- Letter of Interest (2 pages max) clearly outlining the specific skills, knowledge, and experience you bring to the job and how those are a good fit with the responsibilities of the position.
- A complete resume (3 pages max) detailing relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments.
- At least 3 references, including your current or most recent supervisor, name, title, email, phone, city and state information, and your relationship to them.
- Audit report/financial review of the last two organizations you’ve served in the financial management capacity, including annual reports
For more information, please email questions to email@example.com.
APANO and APANO Communities United Fund are committed to advancing equity in all that we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APANO and APANO Communities United Fund do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.