55 Court Street
The Children’s Trust is leading the movement to stop child abuse in Massachusetts.
We give parents the tools and resources to build lifelong skills and gain self-confidence to ensure children grow up safe and healthy.
Our proven programs reflect a fierce commitment to empowering families at the earliest stages and prove the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Director of Foundation Relations will be responsible for identifying, securing, and stewarding grants from private foundations, corporations, and public sources to support the programs of the Massachusetts Children’s Trust. The Director of Foundation Relations will conduct research, develop grant proposals, draft grant reports, and prepare supplemental materials as needed. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with The Director of Development and program staff to maintain the Children’s Trust’s current portfolio of grant funders, identify new sources of support, maintain an annual grant tracking schedule, and help to achieve the annual fundraising goals of the Children’s Trust.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership regarding the planning, development, and administration of foundation funding for programs.
• Writes, edits, and proofreads proposals and reports to funders that display meticulous grammar and spelling.
• Identify potential contributors for solicitation; sets appropriate targets and designs plans for implementation.
• The Director must develop a complete understanding of the programs and interface closely with program staff.
• Ensures timely grant proposals and report submissions.
• Informs potential contributors of any special needs of the organization and encourages foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, and gifts-in-kind.
• Maintains computer-based tracking system for foundation-related contacts including proposals, proposal deadlines, reporting needs, action items. Tracks foundation contacts for members of the Children’s Trust Board of Directors.
• Develops and executes cultivation and stewardship plans for current and potential funders.
• Prepares and works with the Finance Department to submit financial budgets for foundation grants.
• Assesses marketplace and competition for contributions.
• Forecasts contributions based on past performance and anticipated success in penetrating new markets.
• Monitors recording of contributions and related financial activities.
• Assists in donor research efforts.
• Performs other duties, as the Director of Development may deem necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of five years of experience in foundation relations/fundraising is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent organizational skills; and superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with computer tracking systems required along with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines.
• Understanding of the process for research funding.
• Ability to be a team player essential.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
How to apply:Please apply at: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=180004EQ&lang=en&sns_id=email
Candidates that apply by July 22nd will be considered first.
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
Other Forms of Insurance is Available
Paid Vacation Time
15 Paid Sick Days per year
11 Paid Holidays per year
3 Paid Personal Days per year
Continuing Training/Learning Available
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply to: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=180004EQ&lang=en&sns_id=email
applications submitted by July 22nd will be considered first.