Animal Legal Defense Fund
REMOTE – COTATI, CALIFORNIA
Reports to: Direct Marketing Manager
Position Objectives: The Donor Relations Associate, Monthly Giving will report directly to the Direct Marketing Manager and will primarily be responsible for developing and executing a plan for cultivating, stewarding, and converting monthly donors in order to maintain and grow the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s monthly giving fundraising program. Duties include, but are not limited to: managing and developing strong relationships with current and prospective monthly donors through cultivation and stewardship activities, soliciting new and increased monthly gifts, and routine reporting on all progress and activities to the Direct Marketing Manager. The Donor Relations Associate, Monthly Giving will also assist the Direct Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of other necessary fundraising activities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Monthly Donor Relationship Management (80%):
- Cultivate monthly donor relationships with specified goals to renew and increase/upgrade giving.
- Research one-time donors and active supporters to identify prime prospects for monthly giving.
- Draft policies and procedures related to identifying, cultivating, converting, and upgrading monthly donors and prospects.
- Draft unique correspondences to prospects and monthly donors as appropriate.
- Utilize a combination of fundraising tactics, knowledge, and experience to formulate a strategy and plan of action in order to successfully execute responsibilities and achieve fundraising goals.
- Determine appropriate methods and tactics for successful cultivation and solicitation of prospects, such as phone calls, emails, and/or physical mailings, in order to promote and encourage monthly giving; process new monthly gifts.
- Track and call new monthly donors to welcome/thank them for joining the monthly giving program; send new monthly donors a welcome pack.
- Track all failed monthly gifts; call, email, and send letters to donors whose credit cards have declined; update monthly donors’ credit card information and process their gift.
- Assist in the planning, drafting, and implementation of appropriate activities for donor education, appreciation, engagement, and solicitation to include, but not be limited to, regular written and digital touchpoints, annual tax receipts, anniversary notecards, new monthly donor welcome packs, event and webinar invites, and quarterly impact reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an annual lapsed monthly donor reactivation strategy.
- Work in conjunction with the Direct Marketing Manager and the Communications team to develop printed and digital materials to accomplish goals.
- Proactively develop personal relationships with top monthly donors through telephone conversations, and correspondences to steward them for their giving and discover donors’ connections to and passions for the Animal Legal Defense Fund.
- Work collaboratively with Philanthropy Managers and other members of the Development Team to identify potential major donor or legacy giving candidates and move them into relationships with the appropriate development colleague.
- Act as the main point-of-contact for the monthly giving program; respond to all questions, inquires and information requests from supporters/donors regarding monthly giving.
- Recommend additional cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation strategies to the Direct Marketing Manager as needed.
Monitoring, Reporting and Database Management (15%):
- Monitor and report on monthly donor relationship management efforts/successes monthly, quarterly and annually to achieve program goals; recommend strategies for successful retention and conversion.
- Provide weekly reports/updates to the Direct Marketing Manager on cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation activities.
- Maintain accurate information in CRM database and donor records for effective use.
- Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating monthly donors and identifying major and legacy giving prospects.
- Assist the Direct Marketing Manager in the successful development and implementation of direct marketing fundraising strategies and efforts.
- Tasks other than those previously stated as assigned by the Direct Marketing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; three to five years of successful nonprofit development or fundraising experience (or related field), and at least two (2) years of experience coordinating monthly giving programs.*
- Strong interest and/or familiarity in development, philanthropy/fundraising, and donor relationship management.
- Strong technological aptitude with advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM database software; experience using ROI (Revolution Online) preferred.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with executive staff and to build productive relationships with donors is required.
- Superior business writing skills, particularly for fundraising or proposal writing.
- Able to manage multiple projects independently, adhere to deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Commitment to goal attainment, high degree of initiative, and ability to motivate and engage constituents and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work with high degree of autonomy and accountability and to be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
- Must exercise excellent independent judgment.
- High-quality leadership, professionalism, energy, passion, and drive to achieve goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice; ability to value different backgrounds and life experiences; build equity into structures, systems and processes for colleagues and served communities.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and years of experience listed above.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits
- Comprehensive health care plan(s);
- Flexible spending account (FSA);
- Dental benefits;
- Vision benefits;
- Life insurance;
- Generous Paid Time Off;
- 11 paid holidays;
- 401k retirement plan after one year of employment, with employer match up to 5% of annual salary;
The Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) is committed to providing an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. ALDF conducts all internal and external operations, programs, and employment-related decision making (including hiring decisions) without regard to actual or perceived race, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, political affiliation, disability or medical condition (including physical, intellectual, or psychiatric), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, age, or other protected category, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws.
How to Apply:
Please no phone calls or emails. To apply, please follow the below link (resume and cover letter are required) – please do not provide transcripts or recommendation letters, as they will not be considered