Details: Commensurate with experience
361 West 125th Street
The New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) is a vibrant, client-centered agency whose mission is to serve New York’s small businesses, jobseekers and commercial districts. SBS makes it easier for companies in New York City to start, operate, and expand by providing direct assistance to business owners, supporting commercial districts, promoting financial and economic opportunity among minority- and women-owned businesses, preparing New Yorkers for jobs, and linking employers with a skilled and qualified workforce. SBS continues to reach for higher professional standards through innovative systems, new approaches to government, and a strong focus on its employees.
About Harlem Commonwealth Council:
Harlem Commonwealth Council, Inc. (HCC) is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) local development organization dedicated to broad-based economic improvements to Upper Manhattan and the Bronx, as well as to their vibrant multi-cultural communities. Since 1967, Harlem Commonwealth Council has served the greater Harlem community by implementing a number of successful ventures and programs that promote self-sufficiency and create stability through economic development projects, academic empowerment and entrepreneurial support. Located in the heart of Harlem, HCC has a history of responding to the community’s needs. Initially, the organization’s Economic Development focus was real estate development. Currently, HCC’s Economic Development strategy includes helping launch and build businesses and assisting less skilled Upper Manhattan residents become economically independent through training and education.
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services delivered by the Department of Small Business Services to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. These services are provided at no cost and address the needs of entrepreneurs and businesses of any size and at any stage. Businesses access these services through a variety of ways; there are a number of teams at the Department of Small Business Services that provide services directly to businesses, and entrepreneurs and small businesses can access services at 7 NYC Business Solutions Centers located throughout the five boroughs.
The NYC Business Solutions Account Manager is responsible for the development and management of sales strategies and associated activities of contracted vendor teams as they engage with NYC businesses to deliver NYC Business Solutions services. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Account Manager will help SBS reach its strategic goals of achieving quality, scale, and high levels of customer service by leading efforts to increase business’ use of relevant NYC Business Solutions services, as well as conducting research and analysis to measure and improve marketing and sales activities undertaken by assigned sales teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop and manage comprehensive and effective Business Development Plans for Business Workshops, M/WBE applications packaging and pro bono Legal services to meet quarterly/annual performance targets
· Plans for assigned territories and categories, and support, monitor and analyze business development and sales activities in the agency’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
· Conduct research on prospective business clients through on-line databases and interviews
· Develop deep knowledge of business markets in assigned territories, including business profiles by sector, largest employers, geographic concentrations of business, as well as structures and operations of local BIDs, Chambers of Commerce, Local EDCs and other relevant agencies
· Maintain a broad and understanding of Center operations, SBS content areas, and NYC Business Solutions system performance
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and characteristics:
· 5 to 7 years of experience in sales and customer service
· Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations
· Experience gathering and systematically using data to inform marketing and sales activities
· Proven ability to organize large quantities of information into clear and concise presentations that can be consumed by clients and staff
· Proven analytical, written and oral communication skills
· Experience in project planning and/or program management
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint.
· Proficient with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com or Oracle On Demand
· Bilingual Spanish and/or French a plus
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Account Manager – NYC Business Solutions to: firstname.lastname@example.org