PO Box 410
773 High Street
Montaña de Luz (MdL) is a faith-based non-profit whose home office is in Worthington, Ohio. The purpose of the mission is to positively impact children, youth, and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Honduras. We are seeking a development professional with a proven track record who can strengthen our donor relations and manage our fundraising programs. This person engages and cultivates current and new donors through our events, mission teams, sponsorship programs, and social media presence. He or she writes grants, manages our legacy giving program, and has the ability to represent MdL with a wide range of individual donors and organizations, with the goal of increasing revenue to the mission.
- Develops strategy and manages various fundraising programs in conjunction with the Executive Director and the board.
- Executes strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors, requiring significant ongoing and strategic relationship building.
- Manages direct mail programs, e-appeals, and online giving, including data segmentation, mailing list generation, and timely and accurate reports for analysis.
- Utilizes social media as a platform to share the mission and grow our donor base.
- Writes grants and receives a minimum of $30,000 a year in grant funding for Montaña de Luz.
- Uses donor database to collect and analyze outreach and participation data to improve results.
- Identifies and supports prospective foundation and corporate donors.
- Develops and cultivates our legacy giving program.
- Shows commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential information.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferred focus of communications, development, marketing or a combination of experience and education.
- Proven track record of successfully marketing programs, products, or services.
- Knowledge of and experience in social media marketing and engagement strategies. Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact, Mobile Cause, Facebook for nonprofits, and Google Analytics.
- Grant writing experience or willingness to learn how to write medium to large grant proposals.
- Knowledge of CRM software or ability to master the use of our E Tapestry donor database.
- Critical thinker, with the ability to thrive and deliver results while working independently.
- Comfortable picking up the phone or meeting face-to-face, pitching our organization and its programs with passion and credibility.
This person reports to the Executive Director. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or mail to: Montaña de Luz, PO Box 410, Worthington, Ohio 43085.
Part-time (20-25 hours per week) with ability to grow the position into full-time. Flexibility based on candidate’s schedule preferences, competitive pay, paid-time off, paid holidays, and occasional availability on evenings and weekends for meetings, presentations, and/or events.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required, Spanish proficiency desired.
Minimum Education Required