Details: Low 30k range, commensurate with experience
14 Beacon Street
BAGLY’s Leadership Programs Coordinator is a full time position that reports directly to the Programs Manager. The Leadership Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of BAGLY’s social support/community building, leadership development, and advocacy programming with LGBTQ youth.
- Under the supervision of the Programs Manager, the Leadership Programs Coordinator works with the Program Management Team, which includes; other program staff, youth leaders, adult volunteers, community consultants and interns to:
- Participate in the development, evaluation and long-term strategic planning of BAGLY’s programs
- Develop programming that supports BAGLY’s ongoing work to address current and emerging needs of LGBTQ youth of color
- Coordinate logistics and develop curricula for BAGLY’s Leadership Development activities including; annual Youth Leadership Retreats and participation at national conferences and the BAGLY Speakers Bureau
- Organize BAGLY’s youth-led advocacy initiatives and support the development of new youth leaders through coordination of BAGLY’s programs.
- Support the coordination of BAGLY’s Social Support and Community Building programs, BAGLY’s Youth Leadership Committee and maintain weekly social support drop-in spaces
- Represent BAGLY at community events as appropriate
- Maintain established relationships with local and national collaborators, funders and communities and sustain excellent internal and external communication and correspondence
- Strong understanding of, and commitment to, BAGLY’s mission, LGBTQ youth, youth leadership and development, health promotion and social justice.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 2 years of full-time professional community-based program implementation or related experience
- Familiarity with the youth development approach; and experience working with youth leadership models
- Experience with community building and event planning
- Experience working with communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and youth and young adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, planning, facilitation and time management skills
- Flexible schedule and availability evenings and some weekends
As an employer, BAGLY offers flexible work time, a relaxed, casual work environment, paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, and 401k (unmatched).
BAGLY is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. People of color, transgender/non-binary people, and/or women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, include "Leadership Program Coordinator" in the subject line. Please no phone calls.