643 Indiana Avenue
Paul Robeson Charter School (PRCS) is seeking a passionate and hardworking Student Life Coordinator to join the PRCS family for the 2018-19 school year. The Student Life Coordinator will collaborate with members of the school culture team and leadership team to ensure strong student culture and engagement. The ideal candidate for this position will have some teaching experience and is excited to support the school team strategically and operationally to create strong student culture. At PRCS, all staff members are considered critical players in decision making processes and have the opportunity to influence the overall direction of the school. We are currently seeking dynamic team members to join us in our pursuit of providing a premier educational option for the students and families of Trenton!
About Paul Robeson Charter School
Paul Robeson Charter School (PRCS) is a free, lottery-based, open-enrollment charter school serving students from across Trenton in grades 4-8. The mission of Paul Robeson CS is to provide a personalized education that challenges, inspires and prepares students to passionately pursue their dreams & lead a life of active civic engagement. PRCS inspires and equips every student to lead a life of achievement, service and success. Our structured and nurturing community, comprehensive programming and rigorous academic curriculum are designed to build self-motivated citizens, eager learners and strong leaders - regardless of circumstance.
- Support the culture team to implement school wide routines in order to maximize instructional time and ensure support for all scholars;
- Foster a joyful school community where all scholars experience a sense of belonging;
- Champion consistent and fair implementation of positive reinforcement and consequences aligned to school expectations. Report and document student infractions, attendance, and afterschool participation by tracking all data in a thorough, organized, and professional manner;
- Participate on the Culture Team; offering feedback, suggestions, and regularly problem solving around culture issues at the school, grade and student level;
- Reward positive student engagement and hold students accountable using school-wide systems;
- Organize and manage all school-wide field trips;
- Track community service hours for 8th graders;
- Oversee communication to families regarding school culture events and trips;
- Assist the Culture Team with school-wide support during lunch, detention, ISS, or other coverages;
- Manage the timely and efficient administration of assessments;
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated skill in building relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Passion for developing and implementing systems and procedures to make every minute count;
- The ability to motivate students and cultivate a culture of achievement;
- Resilience and professionalism;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Ability to thrive in a goal oriented, fast-paced environment;
- Passion for our mission and vision.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- 2-4 years of teaching experience preferred;
- Strong organizational and operational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (strong Excel skills, including use of Pivot Tables);
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Talent@paulrobesoncs.org.