3765 Leeds Avenue
Turning Leaf Project
Job Developer & Outreach Worker
Turning Leaf is currently seeking to hire a Job Developer & Outreach Worker. This new position is critical to Turning Leaf’s ability to help individual’s coming out of incarceration transition into career pathways. The Job Developer & Outreach Worker will increase the range of employment opportunities available to Turning Leaf students. The interests and experiences of program participants will be used as a foundation for job placements as well as for the identification and cultivation of potential new job partners and training opportunities. The Job Developer & Outreach Worker will also be responsible for recruiting new students and growing program enrollment by 40% in 2019.
Turning Leaf is a nonprofit reentry organization. We help men recently released from incarceration complete probation and stay out of prison. Our first focus is on improving the decision-making, emotion regulation and problem-solving skills of our students. Our secondary focus is employment. We hire all our students to work on-site in our screen print shop. Upon completion of classes and in-house work simulation, students are placed into a transitional work opportunity in the community.
Who You Are
- You’re passionate about the issue of prisoner reentry
- You want a job where you can make an impact in people's lives and are interested in guiding them to achieving their career goals through a balance of accountability and empathy
- You enjoy networking and cultivating lasting relationships with people and businesses, helping them understand how our work can help them achieve their goals
- You’re comfortable with cold-calling, taking the initiative to develop new relationships, working independently and creating your own schedule
- You have a track record of hustling on the job
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
Job Partner Development and Maintenance
- Research, conduct outreach to, and build relationships with prospective employers willing to hire Turning Leaf students and who have hiring needs that match the skills, experience, and interests of our overall student population
- Maintain relationships with current and new job partners
- Schedule and conduct daily prospecting, cold calls, and face-to-face meetings
- Serve as the liaison between employers, participants, and other Turning Leaf staff
- Screen and match students with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant’s skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations
- Manage a caseload of students, support and coach them around applying for jobs or training, navigating the hiring process, and finding and securing right fit employment
- Track job placement data in our database (Apricot)
- Share program information with potential students through contact with community organizations, criminal justice agencies and in neighborhoods with high rates of men returning from prison
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment goals in accordance with Turning Leaf’s strategic plan
- Valid SC driver’s license and ability to be insured on company vehicle
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email
- Willing to train the right candidate
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply!
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $50,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We offer a monthly health care stipend, sick and vacation leave and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume with the subject line Job Developer to email@example.com by Friday, November 9th. No phone calls please.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English
Minimum Education Required