Bereavement Counselor (LMFT, LCSW) - Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Job posted by Hospice of Santa Barbara
2050 Alameda Padre Serra #100
Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc., the second oldest Hospice in the United States, is a unique and innovative organization that serves several hundred children and adults monthly who are impacted by a life threatening illness or grieving the loss of a loved one. All of our services are provided free of charge. We receive no support from government or insurance companies, and are dependent on the support of the community for all we do. We have a highly committed staff and foster a positive, collaborative, and creative work environment. We make a difference in the lives of hundreds of people every year and believe it is a privilege to be serving others.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As Bereavement Counselor at Hospice of Santa Barbara, Inc., you will support HSB's Bereavement Services program by providing counseling services to those in our community suffering from grief associated with the loss (or anticipated loss) of a loved one. Depending on your experience and business need, you may see adult clients or children or both; our Adult and Children and Family Service departments are growing. In this role, you are part of a team of other counselors and together, HSB offers a rich, supportive learning environment for those early in their career and those with many years of experience. This is a full-time position at approximately thirty hours per week. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide one-to-one and/or group counseling to those grieving the death of a loved one (past or future) or living with a life-threatening or terminal illness.
- Prepare and maintain electronic clinical case files utilizing designated client tracking software; record client data and submit weekly clinical session logs/reports.
- Complete client tasks according to department policies.
- Participate in staff, team, and relevant community meetings; contribute knowledge and experience to nurture a learning environment.
- Adhere to agency-wide and department policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or must be working towards mental health licensure and have a minimum of one year related clinical experience in a medical or mental health setting
- Bilingual skills (fluency in English and Spanish (read/write/speak))
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of life-threatening and chronic illness, grief and loss, individual, family and group counseling
- Knowledge of Santa Barbara medical, health care agencies, and social service agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, be discerning with information and use good judgment in handling sensitive client or other information
- Commitment to the internal standard by which we uphold professionalism, further the agency's mission, and work cooperatively and collaboratively as a team
Generous vacation, sick time, holiday pay. IRA match. Lovely, serene work environment. Compassionate, hardworking, collaborate team.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish fluency (read, write, speak)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply without your cover letter! We want to hear your voice as to why this career opportunity is of interest to you and why you believe HSB is the right choice for your next step!