STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
SCHEDULE: M-F; flexibility required due to some evenings and weekend events.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a Director of Special Initiatives (DSI). The DSI will oversee the development of special projects and strategic partnerships that support and further QCH’s mission and vision. Under the supervision of the Chief Strategy Officer, s/he will serve as a member of QCH’s Management Team and will work closely with the Executive Team and with staff from across the organization’s programmatic departments.
- Develop and maintain new corporate/employer and non-profit partnerships that support QCH as a whole as well as contribute to individual programs.
- Explore opportunities for fee-based programming and other alternative revenue streams.
- Strategize ongoing relationships with elected officials and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate communication with the Board of Directors, including preparation of materials for quarterly board meetings.
- Conduct research to support organizational advocacy efforts and new program development.
- Represent QCH on coalitions and pursue emerging strategic alliance opportunities.
- Prospect potential real estate opportunities.
- Support the implementation and tracking of QCH’s Strategic Plan.
- Support QCH grant-writing and communications-writing as needed.
- Actively participate in and contribute to ongoing work of QCH Management Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience, with two (2) years of project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out duties with discretion, professionalism, and integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Queens Community House.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization that looks to continually enrich the lives of our communities we serve. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume with subject line “DSI” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls. Please include your salary requirement in your cover letter. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required