2601 West Marquette Road
Essential Functions of the position are detailed below, and include any physical requirements below that.
1. Effectively engages individuals, youth and families experiencing behavioral health issues and psychosocial stressors in the therapeutic process and provides independent professional outpatient counseling services. Completes mental health assessments as appropriate utilizing a systems framework and trauma informed approach among other modalities. Demonstrates a high level of competence and expertise in providing clinical services; providing a variety of different clinical activities/approaches to meet the client's individual needs.
2. Works independently and consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment in providing short and long-term case management/counseling services as well as stabilization and support services to individuals and families needing specialized intensive case management and behavioral health services.
3. Demonstrates ability to function autonomously and manage workload with minimal administrative supervision. Demonstrates ability to conceptualize advanced therapeutic treatment models and utilize these on clients' behalf through the course of treatment.
4. Plans and organizes work schedule to meet clinical and consultation responsibilities. Responsible for thorough, timely and accurately written documentation for the client file. Consults with collateral contacts as needed and ensures confidentiality of client in accordance with applicable laws and agency policy. Records all necessary information in the prescribed data systems. Completes statistical information in timely manner for agency and funder purposes as required.
5. Advocates on behalf of clients in order to assist clients to access services for which they are eligible. Collaborates with collateral contacts and provides consultations. Following professional and agency policies, ensures crisis interventions are handled appropriately.
6. Ensures all insurance billing for client services is recorded properly and follows the protocol and rules for collections of co-pays, deductible and subsidized fees. Ensures appropriate documents are verified and information is submitted according to program protocol and agency policy.
7. Demonstrates leadership by participating in the implementation of new programs and as well as working cooperatively to enhance the working environment, processes and procedures of the program.
8. May provide group therapy, lead support groups, conduct psychosocial education groups, and provide presentations to community group or consultations to schools and secondary settings. May provide recommendations and testimony for court (specifically when working with DCFS involved clients).
9. Works variable hours depending on client demand for services on an as needed basis. Some evening and weekend hours required. Works at a variety of different program sites.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 10 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 4 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 10 pounds.
Other Requirements Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to (check all that apply).
X Background check, including any program specific requirements.
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Additional Requirements: Works in various communities throughout Chicagoland.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology
Minimum: Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology
Preferred: 5 years experience in working with individuals and families
Minimum: 2 years experience in working with individuals and families
Preferred: Program specific functions and certifications
Minimum: LCSW or LCPC
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For purposes of OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) compliance, all initial submissions received through this website will be treated as job seekers.
Minimum Education Required