Location: This is a remote position located anywhere in the US, with a preference for the U.S. South.
Preferred Start Date: January 15, 2021
The Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy (GCCLP) is a non-profit, public-interest law firm and justice center promoting structural shifts toward climate justice and ecological equity in communities of color on the frontline of climate change. GCCLP serves and builds power with communities on the frontline of climate change in the Gulf South and nationally.
About the Position - Development Coordinator
GCCLP is seeking applicants for a Development Coordinator position to support fundraising through grants and donor database management. This position involves maintaining both a grants database and a donor database, managing a large amount of very detailed information, working alongside GCCLP executive and program staff members, and interfacing with foundation staff members. Candidates who are committed to climate justice, frontline leadership, Black Liberation, and building a movement for a more just and sustainable economy are encouraged to apply.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain Fluxx Grantseeker database to ensure timely and accurate tracking of grant applications, reports, payments, allocations, and other information.
- Manage grants calendar to track key dates.
- Compile grant application materials for submission by coordinating with Executive Director, Strategy Lead, Operations Lead, and other krewe members.
- Prepare grant reports for timely submission.
- With support of Executive Director and Strategy Lead, develop and maintain GCCLP’s case for support.
- Conduct prospecting research to create a pipeline of grant opportunities.
- Maintain Salsa CRM database to track individual donor information, including contributions, contact information, and stewardship notes.
- Prepare and run reports on grant and donation revenue, receivables, and expenses.
- Correspond with donors and funders as directed to schedule meetings and provide requested information.
This position will report to the Development Lead and support the Executive Director and Operations Lead.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Minimal travel is required; GCCLP hosts in-person staff meetings up to four times a year (when COVID allows safe travel and social interactions).
Qualifications & Experience
Ideal candidates will:
- Understand philanthropic funding sources, including family, corporate, public foundations, and have the ability to locate potential sources for funding.
- Understand relevant grant funding policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Be extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Possess excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Have excellent written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Have a proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines.
- Confidently interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Practice a high degree of discretion with personal information that may be needed for some grants, such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
- Have experience with grant and donor databases (experience with Fluxx Grantseeker and Salsa CRM is a plus).
- Be proficient in Google Workspace apps, especially Google Docs, Gmail, and Google Calendar.