The Analyst is responsible for performing project work at the foundational level. The Analyst supports the execution of various NQF Quality Innovation projects related to healthcare performance measurement and improvement. Projects may relate to topics such as person- and family-centered care, social determinants of health, patient-reported outcomes, healthcare disparities and health equity, and other healthcare topics. The Analyst is specifically responsible for document development/preparation, database management, supporting and coordinating in-person and virtual event logistics, communications regarding assigned projects, and project support activities.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Analyst supports NQF projects, workshops, and other core organizational and project and/or administrative tasks with general guidance.
Technical Research and Document Development/Preparation
• Provide research support for NQF projects, which may include but is not limited to the following: environmental scans for existing measures and data sources, use of measures and data in programs, best practices, and clinical care guidelines; literature reviews; data analyses; and synopses or summaries of research findings.
• Draft portions of project overviews, committee materials, memos, reports, and other documents as requested by the project senior staff.
Project Support and Communications
• Provide project execution support, including scheduling, supporting in-person and virtual event logistics, notetaking, and working with the project manager to monitor timelines.
• Communicate with expert committees and project stakeholders about project timelines and key milestones.
• Ensure that all deliverables and materials are provided to the committees in a timely manner.
• Coordinate internal communications within and across NQF departments.
• Assist with the convening and providing real-time support for committee meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
• Ensure that project webpages and/or databases are maintained, current, and accurate.
• Work with senior staff on projects to evaluate quality improvement and best practices and performance measures, as assigned.
• Effectively interact with colleagues within the department and NQF, as well as external parties contributing to QI projects.
• Recommend solutions and process improvements at the task level.
• Provide positive representation of NQF to external parties and promote NQF within network.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience required
Master’s degree preferred (i.e., MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
• Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health policy, quality improvement and/or performance measurement
• Experience working in the healthcare delivery system and/or with healthcare IT; clinical experience a bonus
• Experience working in a nonprofit membership or consensus-based organization preferred
• Foundational ability with conducting environmental scans and larger research tasks with guidance
• Experience supporting event logistics, including clear communication of next steps
• Experience drafting portions of PowerPoint deliverables/materials and proficiency with developing portions of written deliverables/materials
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and competing priorities
• Ability to prioritize time effectively, delivering assigned tasks and materials on time, and operating with independence and efficiency
• Demonstrated organizational skills and time management
• Demonstrated willingness to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and work well on a team
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Agility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities
• Proficient in use of MS Office suite
• Experience with databases and SharePoint preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.
The Analyst is responsible for performing project work at the foundational level. The Analyst supports the execution of various NQF Quality Innovation projects related to healthcare performance measurement and…