Details: Range IV: This position will pay $23.50 per hour with partial benefits, 70% time.
1216 Arch Street, #2B
Friends General Conference is looking for a Gathering Youth Coordinator, an amazing opportunity that combines event planning, volunteer management, and supporting in the spiritual life of children. The Gathering Youth Coordinator has full staff responsibility for planning and supporting all programs for children and teens from birth to age 18 during the week of the FGC Annual Gathering of Friends. The Gathering is FGC’s premier event that lasts a full week each summer providing over a thousand Friends of all ages with the opportunity for fellowship and spiritual growth. This is a 70% time position with hours that vary during the year approaching full-time as the event draws near. The work of this position can be completed from anywhere in the United States where there is reliable high speed internet access. You must be willing to travel for event planning and the event itself.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with event planning and oversight
- Have strong knowledge of the Religious Society of Friends
- Have experience working with youth of various ages
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Be available for travel and enjoy working with volunteers
- Have a four-year college degree (or equivalent)
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in both writing and speaking English is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to Patsy Arnold Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5th, 2018.