Details: $13.50 P/H
357 9th Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a Hospitality Agent who, under direct supervision of the Membership Sales & Engagement Director, will provide high quality service and hospitality in a fast paced environment to all constituents of the YMCA in person and by telephone. The incumbent will welcome all constituents and process all transactions, including facility access, in the computer operating system efficiently and accurately.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome everyone who enters the Branch with a smile.
- Scan all members into the facility access system and ensure there is a photo on file for every member.
- Provide hospitality with every interaction in person and over the telephone.
- Answer telephone inquiries and collect contact information of the caller in order to follow up with prospective members and program participants.
- Offer all guests and prospective members a tour of the facility.
- Use professional communication to engage constituents of the Y.
- Process program registrations with a focus on engagement in the programs.
- De-escalate difficult situations according to Y standards.
- Maintain knowledge of all facility and program offerings in order to provide information to members and prospective members.
- Accurately process all transactions in the AS400 system, including membership, program registration, facility access and guest passes.
- Reconcile end of shift report for accurate cash handling.
- Support co-workers and staff at all times as a team player, in speaking and in action.
- Take initiative for personal and professional development by taking advantage of opportunities the Y presents, both formal and informal.
- High School diploma or equivalent; coursework towards Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including daytime, evenings, weekends.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Hospitality Agent” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn.: Meghan Gough
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.