2 Research Parkway
The Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of 11.5 million dollar operations budget which includes finance, accounting and reporting activities. This position will ensure financial information is timely, accurate and compliant with relevant accounting principles and best practices. Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
1. Prepare monthly financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and management report.
2. Post monthly journal entries, reconciliation of cash and investment accounts, preparation of appropriate documentation/supporting schedules.
3. Maintain/update the chart of accounts and perform necessary system updates.
4. Work with CFO to prepare schedules and reconciliations for annual audit.
5. Maintain all subsidiary schedules of balance sheet accounts including fixed assets, prepaid expenses, etc.
6. Conduct account analysis and reconciliation including tracking and reporting of restricted funding.
7. Engage with departments to prepare budgets for Federal, State and local government contracts; prepare and submit invoices (including appropriate back-up data).
8. Provide budgets and reporting documentation for private grants using organization’s functional allocation of expenses and other sources.
9. Assist CFO in preparation of annual operating budget as well as multi-year forecasts.
10. Prepare the 990 and monthly reporting for employee retirement
11. Provide guidance and contract negotiation on vendor selection including commercial insurance, health insurance, workers’ compensation, etc.
12. Update accounting policies/procedures and develop standard operating procedures for the department
13. Oversee accounts payable process including preparation and processing of vendor invoices, review of invoice coding and authorization, and posting and distributing of checks
14. Oversee accounts receivable process including the processing, entry and posting of all invoices, as well as proper reconciliation with inventory reports
15. Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer
Level of Language Proficiency
-Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or closely related field.
-Minimum of 7 years accounting or financial management experience in a senior financial management position.
-Minimum of 3-5 years management experience (ability to facilitate, direct and motivate).
-Excellent financial management and accounting skills and experience.
-Strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolving skills.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Accounting Systems
-Excellent customer service and communication skills (oral and written).
-Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Minimum Education Required