218 West 40th Street
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused, industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1982, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences.
During the 2017-18 school year, over 100,000 students attended 644 NAF academies across 36 states, including DC and the US Virgin Islands. In 2017, NAF academies reported 97% of seniors graduated with 90% of graduates planning to go to college.
The Assistant Vice President, Innovation is responsible for leading the identification, exploration and development of opportunities to extend and deepen NAF’s impact through technology and cloud solutions. In addition to new opportunities, the AVP will also oversee the continued development and improvement of NAF’s data collection, assessment and NAFTrack platforms.
This is a critical role given that as part of its new strategic plan, NAF seeks to leverage the power of technology to help achieve significant impact at a sustainable cost through its myNAFTrack platform and by identifying new ways to increase its impact.
This position is preferred to be based at NAF’s New York City headquarters, but may be based from a home office in the continental U.S.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with NAF leadership, Board and STEM committee members, corporate partners, NAF staff and network, and external partners to identify opportunities to leverage technology and applications to increase NAF’s impact.
- Lead the implementation and continuous development of the myNAFTrack platform to incorporate all aspects of the NAFTrack process and support students, alumni, educators, advisory board members, and hiring partners in fully delivering on NAF’s promise.
- Drive opportunities to improve the experiences of NAF constituents in using the platforms and continue to improve data and analysis for NAF staff and key academy decision makers.
· Lead the development of goals, objectives, work plans and budgets.
· Manage direct reports, including developing performance goals and objectives and providing ongoing feedback, guidance and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Master’s in fields such as business or computer science, a plus.
· 7-10 years of experience leading high priority projects from concept to completion, and while this is a strategic role, experience in tech consulting or ed tech is preferred.
· 5+ years of experience supervising and managing staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to NAF’s mission and vision for young people.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including ability to synthesize learnings into actionable items.
- A proactive self-starter.
- Ability to structure and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of rapidly evolving trends in software, mobile, social media, cloud, ed tech, and a passion for staying current in the field.
- Focus on outcomes and ability to translate innovation into platforms with wide adoption
- ‘Cloud-first’ approach and a preference of buy vs. build to reduce internal efforts.
- Experience with organizational change management driven by the adoption of new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with an ability to identify insightful and creative new ideas and translate them into practice.
- Demonstrated experience working with remote teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal, personal and presentation style formats with a wide variety of individuals.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title, your first name, and last name in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required