5840 Uplander Way, Suite 101
Under the supervision of the CEO the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for implementing recruitment strategies, onboarding, payroll functions, benefits administration, employee relations and engagement, training, and compliance with all applicable employment laws.
· 3-5 years of experience in the HR field is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of best practices and methodology related to the operations of a Human Resources Department; understanding principles of benefits administration, recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, employee relations, training and labor laws.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration; current Federal, State, and local employment law; principles of organization and management.
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence to build trust and maintain effective working relationships.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail is required.
· Ability to keep sensitive information secure and confidential.
· Ensure HR policies and procedures are applied consistently and comprehensively and that documentation is maintained. Revises, maintains and updates regularly Employee Handbook and other HR publications.
· Advises supervisors and employees on policies and procedures related to personnel management; providing recommendations for training or additional actions as needed.
· Serves as management point of contact for employee claims for workers compensation, unemployment, paid family leave, disability, etc.
· Serves as point of contact for employee questions or complaints, including HR policies, benefits, reports of sexual harassment, or other misconduct by co-workers or supervisors.
· Conducts initial investigations and confers with legal counsel as appropriate.
· Offers consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues.
· Assists in communications between employees and supervisors. Provides assistance with all of the steps in the disciplinary action process,
· Coordinates employee social engagement and morale building activities.
· Works directly with managers to recruit, interview, select and hire staff, including developing, implementing and continuously improving a comprehensive on-boarding and orientation program for new employees.
· Manages employee exit/termination process; conducts or participates in all exit interviews.
· Maintains and updates personnel files.
· Ensures employee evaluations are conducted within 30-60 days of an employee’s work anniversary. Assists supervisors in developing employee goals and systems of evaluation or measurement.
· Advises management of changes in federal/state and local laws and regulations relating to employees and the workplace environment.
· Work closely with the CEO to budget annual departmental spending, and monitor such spending to ensure expenses are within the approved budget.
· Establish annual departmental goals and objectives in partnership with the CEO.
· Administers biweekly payroll in the Sure Payroll system
· Participates in audits involving personnel and provider credentialing files as needed
· Develops and coordinates employee recognition programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Minimum Education Required