Details: The starting salary for this position will be $28/hr with possibility of overtime a few times per year .
815 Eddy Street
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), an established San Francisco-based nonprofit organization defending online privacy and free expression, seeks an energetic individual to support EFF's 40,000+ annual donors. The Membership Assistant is a key member of EFF's tight-knit eight-person Development Team which raises over $10 million each year. This position has room for growth for a motivated individual and is a great way to learn the ins and outs of non-profit fundraising.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with supporters and addressing inquiries by phone and email
- Coordinating with fellow development staff members to deliver excellent customer service
- Prompt and accurate donation processing including check handling, data entry, accounting review, reporting, and acknowledgements
- Packaging and shipment of donor gifts and EFF merchandise
- Occasional support at public outreach events
- Speed and accuracy in data entry are crucial as we strive to maintain a standard of acknowledging each gift within one week
- Enjoys problem solving and taking initiative
- Clear and consistent communication with co-workers
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Comfortable with customer relationship management (CRM) software and office applications
- Experience working with a nonprofit donor program and familiarity with digital civil liberties issues is helpful but not required.
This is a full-time non-exempt position based in EFF’s offices in San Francisco.
As an advocacy organization, EFF is committed to being part of a diverse community. Diversity of life experiences makes a big difference in how we identify and litigate legal issues, design privacy-enhancing software, and organize our activism. To that end, we deliberately seek applicants with different perspectives, identities, and experiences to build an inclusive workplace to better inform our advocacy and defense of freedom in our digital world. EFF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply.
EFF is a great place to work. We offer a supportive and empowering environment, along with an excellent benefits package including housing cost assistance, student loans assistance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program with matching, paid time off, holiday benefits, parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use the link to submit your resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position and working at EFF