300 Willoughby Avenue
Position: Full-Time Follow up Case Manager / Admin Assistant
Program: WIOA Learn & Earn Program
Reports to: Site Program Coordinator
Hours: Full Time
Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyn’s first and largest non-sectarian social services agencies. BCS, which presently serves more than 10,000 individuals annually, is committed to a broad and diverse range of services including education and child care; services to strengthen families; and services to foster self sufficiency for adults.
Funded through the federal Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA), the In-School Youth (ISY) program provides year-round services to high school juniors and seniors who meet certain eligibility requirements. ISY programs help participants graduate from high school, pursue college education, and develop career goals. Services Include: Guidance and Counseling, Paid Internship Opportunities, Tutoring, College Preparation and Out-of-City College Trips, Project-Based Leadership Activities, Sports, Arts, Technology, and Recreation Activities, Individualized Service Strategies (ISS) and Career Planning Assistance. All In-School Youth program participants are guaranteed a paid work experience over the summer.
· Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to all Follow-up participants including: goal setting, weekly outreach, counseling services, mentoring, advocacy and referrals.
· Write monthly case notes of follow-up participants; including all services provided within that month.
· Make sure each follow-up participant is enrolled in one of the following milestones: Post-Secondary Education, Unsubsidized employment, Military, Qualified Apprenticeship, or Advanced Training.
· Collect milestone documentation every 3 months for DYCD outcome submission.
· Input milestone notes and information into the DYCD Capricorn system.
· Meet with participants on an individual basis throughout the contract term regularly to discuss goals and progress.
· Maintain Follow up participant files of your caseload up to date.
· Monitor participants during internships, and collect weekly timesheets to enter participants work hours in the YEPS database for the summer, and Capricorn database throughout the school year.
· Monitor HS seniors participants academic progress to ensure they obtain HS credential by June 30, 2019
· Complete WIOA exit interview forms by August, 2018
· Help with the recruitment of 33 juniors & 3 seniors attending 2 High Schools in Brooklyn by September 28th, 2018
· Foster a strong working relationship with school guidance counselors, teachers, and other school stakeholders.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings and/or trainings.
· Engage participants in after-school activities and conduct outreach for inactive participants.
· Meet deadlines established by Program Coordinator and DYCD.
· Meet with program director regularly to discuss updates and progress of caseload.
· Supervise youth during drop in hours, college visits and school trips, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
Stephen Nembhard, Program Director