Full Time Temporary
30 West Street
The Maryland League of Conservation Voters, a statewide non-partisan environmental advocacy organization, seeks a Field Organizer to run issue and electoral field campaigns in primary general races for the General Assembly in Maryland. The temporary Field Organizer will be responsible for recruiting, engaging, and tracking the work of a committed group of volunteers. She or he will be responsible for organizing phone banks, literature drops, and “Get out the Vote” (GOTV) activities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and recruit volunteers.
- Strategically activate volunteers and interns to contact and persuade environmental voters to support renewable energy legislation and to vote for endorsed candidates through targeted field campaigns.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of volunteer and intern activities such as: phone banks, literature drops, on-line advocacy, and media outreach.
- Coordinate outreach at community events, farmers markets, neighborhood festivals, forums, etc.
- Plan and coordinate earned media such as holding press events and generating letters to the editor.
The following skills are required for the successful applicant:
- Strong outreach and public speaking skills.
- 1-2 years experience (either paid or volunteer) working on grassroots field campaigns.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to work independently.
The following skills and experience are preferred for the successful applicant:
- Experience with managing electoral field campaigns.
- Experience with advocacy and environmental issues.
- Knowledge of/experience with Maryland environmental issues.
- Working knowledge of VAN and other database programs.
Position Requirements: This is a temporary, non-exempt position expected to last until early November. The position is based in Anne Arundel County but may require travel to neighboring counties. Evening and weekend hours are required to be successful.
Availability: We seek to have the successful candidate start as soon as possible.
Non-exempt employee will be expected to work full time and is eligible for holidays and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com