Details: Local market competitive
EDUCATOR, GUIDE, LEARNING COACH for Early Stage Start-Up (PART & FULL TIME)
Location: Miami FL (Omni Area)
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY: Seeking candidates committed to individualized, democratic, and student centered education, highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter and adaptable, part-time or full-time positions available.
• Current K-6 Educator Certification, 6-12 subject Matter Credentials, or similar.
• Knowledge and experience managing Individualized learning plans.
• Applicants who are deeply serious about student centered learning, democratic education, and working with parents/caregivers to build a program together.
• Self starter and manager of people of all ages.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Preferred: Multi-Lingual
• Preferred: Background in the psychology of learning.
• Part-Time or Full-Time depending on area of hire.
Manage all aspects of student/family learning plans, portfolios, and assessments;
• Act as subject matter expert, by providing guidance and support to students and parents/caregivers;
• Develop and deliver learning plans guidance as a subject matter experts and parents/caregivers to student co-hort;
• Schedule field experiences with partnering organizations and work with their education teams to match learning plans.
The Global Field Academy www.globalfieldacademy.org (GFA) is exactly like what it sounds, it's a way for young people K-12 to learn from the world, through hands on field experiences, while achieving academic, personal, and professional goals. GFA operates as a three day a week workshop and two days a week in the field. This is not a school but is rather structured like a full-time, year-round, home-school co-op, that is supplemented with professional educators.
What we do differently:
Parents, educators and students work together simultaneously to realize a true community education that maximizes the potential of every student to support their strengths, meet their current challenges and those of our future socio-economic health and well-being. We are preparing global citizens and leaders. The Global Field Academy launched Miami in the fall of 2017 with a co-hort of about 22 students, and we are expanding for the 2018 year, which begins July 8, 2018.
A true community education requires equipped parents, community resources, skilled experts, real-life, peer and multi-age learning environments that prepare students for the future and promote independent and inter-dependent learning. Global Field Academy provides and invests in the necessary structure and support for students and their families to maximize their potential, promote their unique skills, and develop thinkers and leaders of our emerging future.
The Global Field Academy serves students traditionally in K-12 grades and their families using combined curriculum, methodologies, and learning sites that are fine-tuned for each student. At Global Field Academy each participant, from student, educator, parent to peer have the training and tools to manage, provide and participate in providing a personalized lifelong learning experience to our students.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and short paragraph (250 words or less) of your educational philosophy, in the subject line write “Educator for GFA”
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS: K-12, LANGUAGES, ART, ENRICHMENT, SCIENCES, MATH, ETC.
Note: If you do not meet the requirements for “educator” but are interested in being a subject matter expert, please send resume and short paragraph (250 words or less) of your educational philosophy, in the subject line write “Subject Matter Expert: and the subject, example: Art” If you have worked with any of Educate Tomorrow's partnering organizations please indicate your relationship.
Please do not call, no walk-ins